LIVE! Technologies is currently searching for Staging Technicians to add to our events team in the Columbus area. If you are looking for a full time opportunity with salary plus overtime potential as well as a robust benefit package including a matched 401k, free gym memberships, and health benefits, please read below and apply today!
Associate is responsible for the Maintenance, Service, and installation of staging equipment, as related to the live events and staging industry. Associate will construct, paint and repair scenic/stage projects and lead the construction of scenic and staging elements on event sites. The Associate is responsible for completing projects in the most efficient and effective manner. Associate will assist in fabricating and maintaining all of the above as directed by supervisor.
- Maintenance and service of staging equipment on an ongoing and scheduled basis.
- Troubleshooting and repair of staging equipment.
- Responsible for reading and interpreting set construction drawings and designs of event layouts.
- Respond to customer service related issues promptly
- Responsible for accurate time sheet and inventory tracking.
- Achieve working knowledge of Company Operation software, and work within such system on a day to day basis
- Fully comply with Company and customer safety programs.
- Work in a safe, positive manner showing respect to others and contributing to the LIVE! team.
- Assist with and work live events on an as needed basis.
- Assist in the purchase of ‘raw’ drape materials.
- Create, sew and build new drape inventory from ‘raw’ drape materials.
- Lead the installation, set-up, sets, displays, signage, artwork, carpets, pipe & drape, etc., for conventions, events, shows at various locations such as; hotels, convention areas and company event locations.
- Utilize a PC based inventory management system.
- Assist in the periodic drape and drape material inventory.
- Follow / Complete daily task lists.
- Assist in the regular organization of staging equipment within warehouse.
- Load / unload drapery, sets, props, etc. from trucks.
- Deliver inventory to jobsites as needed.
- Multitask / prioritize objectives.
- Evening and weekend hours may be required to accommodate varied work schedule.
- This position may also require working on events, jobsites, and shows for other departments within live events.
The Associate will be accountable to the Staging Operations Manager, as well as accountability to other management team members of the Company.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of costume construction, repair and/or related sewing skills is a plus.
- Understanding of art and design as it relates to production.
- Live Event experience or education in related fields is a plus.
- Mac and PC experience a plus.
- Valid and current drivers license with acceptable driving history.
- Must be willing to work flexible schedule including evenings, some weekends, and some holidays.
Position requires; the ability to solve practical problems, a team work ethic, ability to carry out responsibilities, ask questions, develop solutions and solve problems, aptitude to finish assigned projects, ability to prioritize and organize tasks for completion, clearly and concisely share information with other Associates, strong customer skills across diverse cultures, ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization with the capacity to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves. Must have exemplified through past work experience with a drive toward detail and accuracy.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations effectively.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Office Suite, Database applications, and inventory systems is a plus.
- Experience with the following equipment is a plus: Vinyl Print Application, Table Saw, Drill Press, Miter Saw / Chop Saw, Router - Hand and Table, Air Tools – Fasteners, wrenches, air sprayers, etc...
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation effectively.
POSITION-SPECIFIC PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The successful candidate will have the ability to stand on a concrete floor for long periods of time and lift and/or move equipment at least 60 pounds on a repetitive basis. The candidate must be able to lift equipment and construction supplies from floor height to over-head while loading/unloading trucks or preparing equipment for installations and events. Candidate must have the ability to climb and work (stack, adjust, and repair) at heights in excess of 25' before, during, and after LIVE! job sites.
GENERAL PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Associate is required to stand, walk, climb, sit, and use hands and fingers.
- Lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
Travel is required.
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.