The Senior Security Operations Engineer will be responsible for providing advanced information senior-level security operational support for our global, 24x7 IT environment. This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining a proactive security environment through the deployment and management of next-generation threat detection tools to enable Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. to stay ahead of real-world threats and attacks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement, administer, assist in the management and operation of the enterprise data fabric for logging solution.
- Manage InfoSec Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure and provide automation and orchestration training to rest of SecOps team.
- Evaluate, implement and maintain a Security information and event management (SIEM) system.
- Assist in the management of domestic or international Security Operations Center.
- Support global Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) activities.
- Identify, evaluate, implement and maintain Intrusion detection systems (IDS).
- Assist in the management of the threat-protection platform to detect, analyze, and respond to network-based attacks in real-time.
- Assist in the management of packet capture (PCAP) and network flow analyzers.
- Identify, evaluate, implement and maintain network and desktop-based internet web security proxies.
- Set up and maintain a malware analysis lab in cooperation with the Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT).
Additional Skills and Qualities Desired:
- Implement and maintain all servers and applications belonging to the global information security team. In both data center and cloud environments.
- Assist in the management of server and storage architecture, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and performance tuning
- Implement and maintain interior and exterior patch management systems and processes.
- Implement and maintain log collection, management, and analysis standards for adoption across the business and enable modification for new technologies and business applications.
- Work with enterprise, business peers, and information security teams to detect, prioritize, and remediate security defects throughout the business life cycle.
- Documentation and diagraming of server and storage infrastructure.
- Designing technical solutions to meet business objectives.
- Work with the Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) for the detection and remediation of information security events and incidents.
- Work with other LNE team members on other initiatives as appropriate.
- 24x7 on-call duties.
- Travel to hosting sites for system builds and maintenance as needed.
- Work with the enterprise information security enterprise training and awareness coordinator to apply lessons learned into priority training opportunities as a contribution to the overall training and awareness program.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Security Management or similar discipline preferred.
- 4+ years of Linux/Unix server administration experience
- 4+ years of Windows server administration experience
- 4+ years of storage administration experience
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with IT Security-related standards and technologies.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in IT Infrastructure/network security.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in Windows and Linux patch management.
- Strong working knowledge of Redhat, CentOS, or Oracle Linux
- Virtualization and/or Cloud administration experience with VMware ESX
- Familiarity with Load Balancers (Netscaler preferred), and clustering (Oracle RAC/OCFS)
- Ability to work in large global environments spanning multiple time zones.
- Must be available for on-call duties outside of regular business hours
Ideal Personal Characteristics:
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Flexible and responsive to changing situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team