WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at all things accounting? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the finance and accounting space. Is this you? Read on...
WHO ARE WE?
Insomniac produces some of the most innovative, immersive music festivals and events in the world. Enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting, pyrotechnics and sound design, large-scale art installations, theatrical performers and next generation special effects, our events captivate the senses and inspire a unique level of fan interaction. The quality of the Headliner experience is our top priority.
Throughout our 25-year history, Insomniac has produced almost 400 festivals, concerts and club nights for over 4 million attendees in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New York, Texas, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom, with expansions into Brazil, China, Japan and India. Insomniac's premier annual event, Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas, is the largest multi-day music festival in North America, and attracted more than 400,000 fans over three days in May 2019. The company was founded by Pasquale Rotella, and has been based in Los Angeles since it was formed in 1993.
Insomniac is looking for an Accounts Payable Senior Specialist. This position will be responsible for the implementation of centralized invoicing, providing internal controls and compliance guidance and ensuring efficient, accurate and timely processing of payment requests. This position reports to the Senior Director of Accounting and Finance.
- Distribute invoices to appropriate departments for coding and payment approval
- Ensures that invoice submissions packets meet internal System of Authority (SOA) compliance, support meets internal requirements and that submissions are processed within the established deadlines
- Provide and review coding for event and non-event invoices
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and in compliance with internal requirements
- Research, analyze, and resolve supplier issues in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and responds to issues in a professional, timely and efficient manner
- Partner with Production and Accounts Payable departments to communicate and correspond internally and externally to address and resolve disputes
- Provide guidance to internal departments regarding invoice requirements and best practices
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities and partner with Procurement department to ensure best payment terms as well as standardization of invoice templates
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly deliverables as instructed by supervisors
- Provide recommendations for improvements within the area
- Ad hoc projects within area of responsibility
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience in a large organization, preferably within the Entertainment industry
- Possess organizational, communication, and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with large ERP systems (Oracle or similar)
- Ability to work as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and other MS products
- Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
- May work in drastic temperature climates
- Must be willing to work during evening and weekend hours and travel to events to work, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Insomniac recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Insomniac may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.