Function (Scope and Main Purpose of Job)
Provides friendly and efficient food and drink service to restaurant guests. Assures that guests have a favorable dining experience. Smiles and engages in conversation with guests as a key to the success for the wait staff.
Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
Fast: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for acknowledging guests in a friendly and timely manner.
- Responsible for knowledge of the menu and being able to make confident recommendation to the guests.
- Responsible for acquiring and validating a method of payment for all extra food and beverage service in the restaurant. Responsible for taking orders from guests, recommending food choices, and presenting food. Assisting in clearing tables, transporting dirty dishes and linen to a bus cart. Cleaning work station and wait stand at end of shift.
- Enhances the gaming and dining experience of guests to Maryland Live Casino, with prompt, efficient, service and interaction with guests.
- Help with the execution and delivery of In-Room Dining orders when applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Ability to use fountain soft drink, tea and coffee machines.
- Ability to read and write basic instructions.
- Knowledge of Alcohol Beverage Control laws, health regulations, and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Excellent communication skills needed.
- Ability to organize and be creative. Knowledge of sanitation and health department regulations for safe handling of food.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred. A high level of customer service training would be a plus.
- Experience: One (1) to three (3) years of experience in casual, buffet and or fine dining restaurant.
Must be able to comply with all state gaming regulations, which may include obtaining a license.
- Ability to stand and walk continually throughout a scheduled shift
- Ability to bend, stoop and reach while carrying dishes, glasses and serving tray.
- Ability to push bus cart and carry trash/linen bags weighing up to 35 pounds.
- 24/7 high energy casino with over 300,000 sq. ft of gaming and entertainment space and approximately 3000 employees.
- Exposed to alcohol, cigarette and cigar smoke, bright lights, and loud noises.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.