Join us today and make a difference in people's lives!
Position Summary: The technician will be responsible for supporting the design and development of Implant and delivery system for percutaneous mitral valve replacement.
- Key participant in the design and development of Catheter based Implants and Delivery systems.
- Actively assist in braided catheter design, construction, processing, handle assembly etc.
- Actively assist in Guidewire design, prototyping and testing
- Responsible for sourcing materials, interface with external component and OEM vendors etc.
- Support R&D engineers across all development functions in planning and execution of prototypes and testing.
- Assist in Delivery systems testing in ex-vivo heart models, simulated use, tensile, leak, torque, kink etc.
- Develop R&D laboratory, prototyping equipment etc.
- Assist in troubleshooting existing product designs, assembly manufacturing or component issues.
- Document design concepts electronically and in lab notebooks
- Complete documentation of project information to conform to quality system and regulatory requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of catheter design and processing materials properties such as PTFE liners, reinforcements (braids, coils, lasercut designs), polymer jacketing (Pebax, nylons, polyimides), FEP, Polyolefin and PET heat shrink, adhesives (CA, Light cure, epoxies) etc.
- Experience with standard catheter manufacturing techniques such as loading and stretching liners, braid annealing and bonding, reflow, skiving, tipping, roll cutting etc.
- Experience with other medical device materials and processing such as silicones, urethanes, hydrophilic coatings etc.
- Knowledge of device design process from concept to commercial, understanding product performance specifications, interpreting product specifications, drawing tolerances, process input-output relationships etc.
- Working knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy and structural relationships
- Ability to design and create tools and fixtures for prototyping
- Ability to design and build catheter processing fixtures and equipment
- Ability to design/ model using design software (Solidworks or Pro/Engineer) is a plus
- Mechanical inclination or intuitiveness
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable
- Creative problem identification and problem solving
- Driven - approaches activities with a sense of urgency
- Ability to meet deadlines and understand milestones
- Receive direction and work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Associates or Technical degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5-10 years in R & D technician capacity
- Member of development team that completed at least one cardiovascular implant/ catheter based project.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
LivaNova values equality and celebrates diversity. We are committed to ensuring that our recruitment process is fair, transparent and free from unlawful discrimination.
Our selection process is driven by the key demands/requirements for the role rather than bias or discrimination on the basis of a candidate's sex, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job-related disability/handicap or medical condition, family status, sexual orientation, religion, color, ethnicity, race or any other legally protected classification.
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, we will not consider, or agree to, payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event that a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.