Assistant Bar Manager
Liv Hospitality, LLC Deadwood, SD
- Posted: over a month ago
- $13 to $14 Hourly
Position: Assistant Bar Manager
Reports To: Tin Lizzie Paddy O'Neills Manager
Pay: $13-$14 an hour plus tips
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in managing the business aspects of the bar, such as keeping a current liquor license, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
• Hiring and training staff to provide excellent service to patrons.
• Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that bar is well staffed during peak hours.
• Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
• Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons.
• Prepare and serve a selection of wines, spirits, and mixed drinks from the menu while ensuring proper pouring, mixing, and blending according to established recipes and established standards.
• Confirm guest orders including any special needs or requests from the lounge server using the hotel’s point-of-sales system; check completed orders with the guest’s original order.
• Service and take orders from guests seated at the bar area offering interesting, and vivid descriptions of the each item’s, origin, taste, and preparation methods; maintain a working knowledge of liquors, wines, beers, etc.
• Anticipate guest needs, ascertain satisfaction, and offer suggestions, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
• Properly and accurately close guest checks; process cash and credit card payments; properly settle voided checks or complimentary items.
• Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
· Must be 21 years of age.
· Previous experience as a Bartender is preferred but not required.
· Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
· Must be able to communicate with guests to meet their immediate needs.
· Previous money-handling and cash register experience is preferred.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer