Automotive Technician Mechanic
- Posted: over a month ago
- $120,000 to $175,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, 401k,
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN: $120,000 per year Guarantee & $40-$42 per flag hour commission rate. This is a $120,000 - $175,000 per year job when you average 60 - 90 Hours/Pay Period.
Littleton Auto Repair is a family owned and operated shop in Littleton Colorado. We have 10 bays 3 Automotive Technicians and are looking for our 4th! Continue reading below to see why you want to work for Littleton Auto Repair as an Automotive Technician.
- 3 Full time Service Advisers to estimate and sell your tickets fast!
- Full time Shuttle Driver and Office Manager to get customers out of the waiting room and get you your parts NOW!
- Our car count is over 400 cars per month and continually growing.
- We maintain a $920 Average Repair Order with a 60/40 parts to labor ratio. That is 3.976 Hours Per Car Average. That means less racking and re-racking and inspecting.
- Aggressive labor rate $135/Hour that gets more work approved per vehicle.
- Our own fleet of 10 loaner vehicles to give our customers so they can leave the car and fix the car now!
- Instant interest free financing from 3 different companies that gets our customers the cash they need to fix their cars and allows them to fix more than they would otherwise.
- We have our own 25’ flatbed tow truck!
- Owner doesn't use the shop as an ATM. We have a $20K+ per month advertising budget.
- Immaculate waiting room separate from the Write Up Sales area. The lounge is spa quality.
- 3 ASE Master Certified Automotive Technicians to work next to and collaborate with.
- 2 Lube techs that handle ALL of the walk ins, waiter oil changes, tires, etc. They also produce general repair work for all of the line technicians, so you are handed jobs instead of having to create them.
- 5 Minute easy inspection system that allows us to email and text pictures and videos to customers. That attributes to our high Average Hours Per Ticket and Average Repair Order.
- No corporate politics or red tape. Owner is on site to handle problems as they arise quickly and efficiently. Also, he helps out as a 4th Service Adviser when needed to estimate and sell jobs quickly.
- No excessive paperwork to fill out when checking out vehicles.
- And guys, we know that nobody is perfect, that being said we have heard many complaints from technicians that have received poor treatment from their employers due to a DUI or some other legal issues. We are all all about second chances, if you want to overcome the things you have done in your past, work hard and show you are a different person now.... We are willing to give you that shot. Don't feel stuck in your current situation with an employer who doesn't treat you right due to mistakes you have made in the past. Well, we won't hold that over you, we can be that fresh start as long as you are willing to change, we are here to support you in any way possible.
- Change is scary, we get it.... We will offer guaranteed pay at a level not known in the automotive industry because we know our system works. There will be an abundance of work, more than you can handle, I guarantee it $120,000 guarantee it! All you have to do is your part, the work. We may ask you to do things a certain way, our way, but we will never ask you to do anything that would waste your time. Our system is flawless, our atmosphere is chaotic, more of a controlled chaos. But we put out the real #'s. Our monthly average gross sales are $247,000 12-month average.
Who are we looking for...?
- Independent Auto Shop Experienced Automotive Technician (no offense dealer guys)
- Able to work on multiple vehicles simultaneously.
- Assimilate and add to our company culture with positive problem-solving ideas.
- Huge Plus - Take a ticket with a diagnostic line on it and determine the cause of the failure and the root cause of the problem and deliver a quality inspection to the Service Adviser.
- Have a huge toolbox full of tools!
- Able to flag 60+ hours a week with less than 2% comebacks.
- Not Required but Preferred - Has and maintains industry certifications ASE Master Tech L1 Certified etc. (If you do not have certifications, we will work with you to obtain them and pay for any tests you pass).
- One of the best things about our shop is, we grow technicians and share knowledge, tools, friendship outside of work and you WILL LEARN from your fellow employees daily. We constantly work together to learn better strategies and approaches in order to diagnose and repair cars correctly and faster, making everyone better and we never stop learning!
- We have the special tools, multiple diagnostic devices a diagnostic station. All areas of information All Data - Mitchell- Identifix and sure Track. We have a heavy-duty state of the art scan tool, factory key programmer, brand new hybrid A/C machine, 5 gas analyzer, tons of specialty tools such as vehicle specific camshaft tools, multiple TPMS specialty tools and all of the flush, maintenance machines that exist!
A little bit about our owner...
Ken Scholl has owned and operated Auto Repair Shops for 19 years. He has worked with the industries best consultants such as Cecil Bullard and the Center for Automotive Business Excellence. Gary Gunn and the Turn Around Tour. Chubby and ATI. Etc. He is a ASE Master Automotive Technician and Advanced Engine Performance Specialist. Loves to buy shop tools and have the coolest new stuff it takes to fix cars these days. He understands Automotive Technicians don't work for free. He is ready and willing to invest in the shop and the business to provide an environment for each and every employee to excel and move up in their career. This is not a startup business we have Money, Motivation, Goals, Established Systems and Processes and we are smashing those goals month after month!
- Pay is weekly... If you have a bad week, it will start over, and you will have another chance to kill it!
- Automotive Technicians are paid on a graduated pay plan that rewards those that: Maintain Industry Certifications, attend ongoing paid training classes, produce consistent labor hours above 40 per week, Hourly pay rate increases as the level of production increases and Production Quality is Maintained.
- The pay plan has been developed along with technicians over the last 19 years and is continually improving.
- Paid vacation and holidays. 50% Contribution towards personal healthcare. Aflack disability insurance is available. Matching 401K Plan.
- Work Schedule is Monday - Friday 7:30 to 5:30 Saturday & Sunday Off...
- And we have the highest guarantee in the industry because we are confident, we can hold up our end of the bargain. That is Cars, Salespeople, Systems, Processes, Advertising Budget, Branding, Reputation, and we actually care about what we are doing.
Besides just making money, we feel it is necessary to do some good with the business.
This is why we do any oil change for any customer who chooses for free, we only ask that they write a check directly to the Wounded Warrior Project for the oil change instead of paying us. $20 for basic oil change $75 for synthetic and $100 for diesel. We advertise it directly on our website and on our direct mail as well as our digital advertising. The last 12 months we have raised and donated $23,550 to the wounded warriors project directly benefiting and helping the Americans who have fought for our freedom and paid a price. Our general manager is a decorated veteran, almost all of our fathers fought in Vietnam, Korea, WWII for the older guys. We have a love of country and for one another.... Hope to hear from you soon!
Text us in a group text!
Dave - General Manager
Ken - Owner
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $175,000.00 per year
Littleton Auto Repair
9719 W Coal Mine AveLittleton, CO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?