Lead Preschool Teacher ( Pre-K Classroom )
Little Sunshine's Playhouse & Preschool Gilbert, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you passionate about Early Childhood Education? Do you love teaching? Then we want you to join our family as a Lead Preschool Teacher!
Little Sunshine's Playhouse and Preschool is currently looking for energetic and passionate teachers to join our team! We are looking for a lead preschool teacher in our pre-k classroom to help create a fun environment while incorporating educational programs that assist in our children's development.
Responsibilities of a Preschool Teacher (includes but not limited to):
- Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of the children at all times.
- Plan and carry out the curriculum.
- Write weekly classroom newsletters to communicate to families in accordance with standards.
- Create daily reports for each child focusing on positive behavior and/or lessons learned including a photo or video every day for each child.
- Implement and follow the daily schedule to ensure a routine.
- Make sure the classroom is age-appropriate and fun! Keep walls decorated and learning centers open and available.
- Keep classroom, bathroom, and closet neat and orderly.
- Maintain ratio (advise administrator if over or under).
- Conduct individual parent/teacher conferences at least twice a year in June and December.
- Be familiar with school policies and licensing rules.
- Report any suspicion of child abuse or neglect
- Handle discipline promptly and in accordance with the stated policy on discipline.
- Train and oversee any assistant teachers, substitutes and floaters working in your class.
- Oversee sanitation and universal precautions policies.
- Facilitate parent involvement and positive communication.
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the position in order to offer children and parents consistency.
- Physical requirements: Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. approximately 100 times per day/shift.
- Standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching reaching, pulling, pushing, grasping, hearing, talking, and repetitive motion are physical requirements of the position.
Qualifications of a Preschool Teacher:
- Meet and exceed all state Child Care Licensing requirements
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- Possess a teamwork mindset, strong communication skills, organization skills and problem-solving ability
- Ability to build rapport with children, families and peers
Benefits Our Preschool Teachers Enjoy:
- Health, vision, dental
- Childcare discounts
- Paid time off
- Paid training hours
- Teacher appreciation activities
Little Sunshine's Playhouse maintains a reputation of unrivaled distinction in childcare and serves as a castle for a "once upon a time" experience that enables each child to develop their imagination and grow socially and academically. Unique characteristics and state-of-the-art services distinguish Little Sunshine's Playhouse as the premier early childhood education program.
Compensation based on education and experience.
Related Keywords: Preschool teacher, Lead Preschool Teacher, daycare, childcare, daycare teacher, childcare teacher, Early Childhood Education, preschool, child care
Little Sunshine's Playhouse & Preschool
EducationView all jobs at Little Sunshine's Playhouse & Preschool