Lead Pre-Kindergarten Teacher ( Pre-k Classroom )
- Expired: October 04, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you passionate about Early Childhood Education? Do you love teaching? Then we want you to join our family as a Lead Preschool Teacher!
Little Sunshine's Playhouse and Preschool is currently looking for energetic and passionate teachers to join our team! We are looking for a lead preschool teacher in our pre-k classroom to help create a fun environment while incorporating educational programs that assist in our children's development.
Responsibilities of a Preschool Teacher (includes but not limited to):
- Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of the children at all times.
- Plan and carry out the curriculum.
- Write weekly classroom newsletters to communicate to families in accordance with standards.
- Create daily reports for each child focusing on positive behavior and/or lessons learned including a photo or video every day for each child.
- Implement and follow the daily schedule to ensure a routine.
- Make sure the classroom is age-appropriate and fun! Keep walls decorated and learning centers open and available.
- Keep classroom, bathroom, and closet neat and orderly.
- Maintain ratio (advise administrator if over or under).
- Conduct individual parent/teacher conferences at least twice a year in June and December.
- Be familiar with school policies and licensing rules.
- Report any suspicion of child abuse or neglect
- Handle discipline promptly and in accordance with the stated policy on discipline.
- Train and oversee any assistant teachers, substitutes and floaters working in your class.
- Oversee sanitation and universal precautions policies.
- Facilitate parent involvement and positive communication.
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the position in order to offer children and parents consistency.
- Physical requirements: Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. approximately 100 times per day/shift.
- Standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching reaching, pulling, pushing, grasping, hearing, talking, and repetitive motion are physical requirements of the position.
Qualifications of a Preschool Teacher:
- Meet and exceed all state Child Care Licensing requirements
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- Possess a teamwork mindset, strong communication skills, organization skills and problem-solving ability
- Ability to build rapport with children, families and peers
Benefits Our Preschool Teachers Enjoy:
- Health, vision, dental
- Childcare discounts
- Paid time off
- Paid training hours
- Teacher appreciation activities
Little Sunshine's Playhouse maintains a reputation of unrivaled distinction in childcare and serves as a castle for a "once upon a time" experience that enables each child to develop their imagination and grow socially and academically. Unique characteristics and state-of-the-art services distinguish Little Sunshine's Playhouse as the premier early childhood education program.
Compensation based on education and experience.
Related Keywords: Preschool teacher, Lead Preschool Teacher, daycare, childcare, daycare teacher, childcare teacher, Early Childhood Education, preschool, child careEmployment Type: FULL_TIME
Little Sunshine's Playhouse & Preschool
370 Barrington RdHoffman Estates, IL
Get fresh Early Childhood Lead Teacher jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.