General Position Description
The Day Care Center Teacher oversees the educational activities within the day care classroom. Structures the curriculum and monitors students' progress to ensure activities are meeting the children's needs. The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children and resolve parental concerns. This position reports to Director
• Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
• Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
• Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
• Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
• Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
• Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
• Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
• Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
• Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
• Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
• High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
• A strong understanding of child development.
• Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
• ITS-SIDS training to work with infants.
• Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
• Preferred: Associate’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE.
• Minimum: HS Diploma and North Carolina Early Childhood Administration Credential (NCECAC) I and II
• Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
• A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
• Talking/Hearing: To communicate with children, parents, co-teacher, staff, and supervisor.
• Standing: To supervise children and communicate with parents.
• Walking: To supervise children and move throughout the classroom and outdoors.
• Reaching: To retrieve needed supplies and work with children.
• Lifting: To pick up children when needed (i.e. 35 lbs.).
• Pulling: To open doors, drawers, and cabinets.
• Pushing: To close doors, drawers and cabinets.
• Kneel, Bend, Squat or Crawl: To work with and communicate with children at their level and to keep classroom tidy.
• Seeing: To obtain information from written materials and observe the safety of the classroom.
Little Smurfs Learning Center of Blacque Educationals
Why Work Here?We, Little Smurfs Learning Center, are dedicated to providing high quality childcare and learning experiences for your child. Our motto is "We Care". This guides our approach in meeting the personal needs of your child and providing an engaging learning environment that stimulates your child's social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development.
Enjoy an exciting opportunity to provide early learning for children from children 6 weeks to school age.
Rose Hill, NC