- Posted: 18 days ago
Senior Security Officer
Safety & Security
Non-Exempt - Full Time
Primary Position Objectives
Responsible for planning, developing, implementing, overseeing, and integrating safety and security programs for the Center. Must be available to work any shift and day of the week due to a 24/7 operation.
Brief Description of Duties
- Ensures and enforces all laws, rules and policies within his/her scope of authority.
- Foot patrols all assigned areas and remains alert for disturbances, fires, safety hazards, traffic violators, suspicious acts and/or persons, and other unusual conditions.
- Aids and assists visitors, student employees and staff in every way possible.
- Performs building security and safety checks.
- Receives complaints and performs appropriate investigations.
- Provides transportation service as needed.
- Investigates vehicle accidents at the Center.
- Issues visitor passes and temporary parking permits.
- Performs main entrance duty.
- Assists staff in quelling disturbances.
- Prepares written accident reports and other reports as required.
- Coordinates recruiting, selecting, and training of security cadets.
- Participates in preparation and enforcement of Center’s safety and fire prevention program.
- Conducts daily briefing with security cadets that cover assignments, proper dress, and procedures.
- Provides written and oral reports, briefings, or summaries to appropriate staff.
- Ensures all equipment is properly maintained.
- Provides vehicle checks to entering and exiting traffic.
- Adheres to required property control policies and procedures.
- Works towards meeting performance standard goals.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation’s core values and operating principles.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Helps students become more employable through continuous reinforcement.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Assists in maintaining student security and accountability during training, day and evening, by continuously walking through those areas where students are being trained, having lunch, participating in dorm activities, recreational activities, and monitors grounds over entire Center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively listens to others.
Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and problem solving.
- Implements the key principles of time management, task allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal organization.
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation’s Healthy Workplace Environment policy.
- Acts as team player and builds professional relationships with coworkers to achieve goals.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Computer Literacy with basic computer functions, email, internet, and basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge in operating security and surveillance equipment.
- Knowledge of basic security procedures.
- High level of good judgement and observation skills.
Two years security, law enforcement, military, or related experience. Safety related training preferred. At least one year in a residential living setting and background in youth programs preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid State Driver’s License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, talk, and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. Physical stamina is required to handle a full shift of being active and patrolling around the center.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life insurance.
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision, critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & 401K Matching
- Tutiton Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service Program
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug screens.
Little Rock Job Corps Center
AddressLittle Rock, AR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?