Human Resources Specialist
- Expired: December 07, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Human Resources Specialist
Human Resources Manager
Non-Exempt - Full Time
Primary Position Objectives
Provides support to the Human Resources Department by assisting the Human Resources Manager with some aspects of human resources as directed by the manager. Assisting in scheduling and tracking training and benefits administration.
Brief Description of Duties
- Assists as needed with employment activities, including recruitment, testing, reference checking and related employment matters.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of procedures for new hires, transfers, separations, salary changes and other personnel practices.
- Administers employee benefits such as life, health, long-term disability, tuition reimbursement and retirement plan for center employees.
- Maintains accurate database of all PRH training completed by all employees.
- Works with the Human Resources Manager to ensure that any training deficiencies are clearly communicated to the appropriate department manager.
- Maintains adequate records on each employee as relates to employee benefits program.
- Assists with the monitoring of all EEO, OFCCP and Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Assists with the processing of employee payroll through the verification of timecards, entering of employee changes and other maintenance aspects of the payroll system.
- File and keep all personnel records in a confidential manner.
- Assists with the establishment of positive employee relations to foster a high level of performance from all employees.
- Monitors area of responsibility to ensure timely and high-quality services.
- Adheres to required property control policies and procedures.
- Works toward meeting performance standard goals.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation’s core values and operating principles.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
- Helps students become more employable through continuous reinforcement.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively listens to others.
Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and problem solving.
- Implements the key principles of time management, task allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal organization.
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation’s Healthy Workplace Environment policy.
- Acts as team player and builds professional relationships with coworkers to achieve goals.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point, Outlook, and Excel.
- Computer literacy with basic computer functions, email, internet, ans basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Outstanding and high level of communication skill, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local labor laws and regulatory compliance.
Two years related experience and/or training.
Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid State Driver’s License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, talk, and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life insurance.
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision, critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & 401K Matching
- Tutiton Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service Program
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug screens.
Little Rock Job Corps Center
AddressLittle Rock, AR
BusinessView all jobs at Little Rock Job Corps Center
Get fresh HR Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.