Skilled Facilities Technician
Little League Baseball, Incorporated Williamsport, PA
- Expired: October 01, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Skilled Facilities Technician
Are you an experienced or aspiring HVAC technician or electrician who is eager to problem solve mechanical or technical issues? Can you troubleshoot, diagnose, service, repair, and perform maintenance on heating and cooling, plumbing OR electrical systems? Do you have experience installing and performing routine preventative maintenance or have the applicable skill set and are willing to learn? Do you have strong manual dexterity and work well in a team-based environment? Are you organized and detail oriented? If so, you might just be perfect for this Skilled Facilities Technician position.
Little League International in Williamsport, PA is looking to hire a full-time Skilled Facilities Technician to join our maintenance team. Individuals who would like to work for an established nonprofit organization that plays a positive role in the lives of millions of youth around the world and who enjoys the challenge of installing, maintaining and troubleshooting mechanical equipment and/or electrical systems are encouraged to apply.
This full-time non-exempt position has core hours of Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM. While the majority of the work is Monday Friday; it requires the ability to work nights and weekends throughout the year when special events are held or in emergency maintenance situations
This position earns a competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience. A drug screen and background checks are required. We also offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, a 401(k) plan with employer match, and 15 paid holidays per calendar year in a positive work culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
Located in South Williamsport, PA, we are the administrative and operational headquarters for Little League Baseball and Softball, the leading nonprofit youth sports organization with 75+ years of history supporting youth baseball and softball. Little League is played in approximately 6,500 communities across more than 80 countries around the world. We believe in the power of youth baseball and softball to teach life lessons that build stronger individuals and communities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A SKILLED FACILITIES TECHNICIAN AT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
As a Skilled Facilities Technician, you will be responsible for the installation of new building systems, performing technical services and routine preventative maintenance in a minimum of 18 structures located throughout the 72-acre Little League Complex. We are willing to train the right person! If you require on-the-job-training, your first year of employment will be primarily performing preventative maintenance while Little League provides you the additional training to enhance your skills and experience. You will troubleshoot mechanical equipment problems using equipment manuals, vendor resources or technical documents to ensure that all equipment is in a safe and working condition. You will also assist/perform all routine HVAC, plumbing and/or electrical maintenance to ensure equipment efficiency and reliability, run and operate heavy equipment, when applicable, as well as providing support with all other daily maintenance operations.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A SKILLED FACILITIES TECHNICIAN
- High school diploma or GED required, with apprenticeship, trade experience or vocational school graduate preferred.
- Forklift, Telehandler, High-Lift, and heavy equipment license a plus or be willing to obtain.
- Ability to assist with the installation of new equipment and perform technical services to building systems including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing and/or electrical systems.
- Understand operations, utility systems, know location and function of controls and shut-offs, know all utility system failure procedures.
- Conduct routine inspections and maintenance on all building systems and equipment.
- Inspects facilities and grounds for safety and security; identifies and reports hazardous conditions and facility maintenance needs.
- Maintain records and logs of daily activities, and preventative maintenance schedules.
- General working knowledge of one or more maintenance area(s) i.e., electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry repairs, HVAC, or refrigeration.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and competence.
- Ability to read and follow assembly instructions/diagrams.
- A good understanding of general maintenance processes and methods.
- Experience operating a variety of power tools, small and heavy equipment.
- Good organizational skills and be able to prioritize workload.
- Good communication skills and be safety oriented.
- The ability to work well with others and be pleasant, congenial, tactful, and diplomatic with fellow employees, volunteers and with the public.
- A valid Driver's license and show proof of Insurance as required by the state.
- Ability to lift and move items up to 50 pounds.
- Be frequently exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions (hot or cold) on facility grounds.
- Able to climb ladders, steps and scaffolding associated with the performance of duties for this position.
- One or more years relevant and verifiable experience preferred
- Trade or Vocational school graduate.
- EPA HVAC certified or be willing to obtain preferred
- Certification in two trades used in the normal operation of the maintenance department preferred.
- Strong manual dexterity and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and speaking.
- Must be a good team player.
DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE STARTS HERE- ALL ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO APPLY! We are dedicated in providing a diverse, accepting, and supportive work environment that holds all employees to the highest standards of conduct, integrity, inclusiveness, respect, and engagement. We strive to transform our organization into a place where employees work, thrive, and grow while supporting our collective and individual successes.
READY TO JOIN OUR FACILITIES MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT?
If you feel that you would be right for this Skilled Facilities position, please upload your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements at: https://littleleague.isolvedhire.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - We build teams from qualified candidates regardless of their gender, background, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS: As the pandemic continues to impact the world, we are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations. We adhere to CDC, state, and local guidance with regard to COVID-19. All applicants should be willing to follow all COVID-19 safety protocols we establish.
Little League Baseball, Incorporated
Real EstateView all jobs at Little League Baseball, Incorporated