- Expired: September 01, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Landstar agency, a multi-billion-dollar leader in the logistics industry. Its fast-paced, energetic sales model and state-of-the-art technology have propelled us to a "giant" in the logistics industry. Motivated employees help to arrange hundreds of truckload freight movements every day. Fierce dedication to the company's winning principles integrity, honesty, and teamwork gives us the edge to continually exceed the expectations of its employees, customers, and carriers, and makes this a company people are proud to be associated with!
ARE YOU READY FOR A CHALLENGE?
The Freight Broker is primarily responsible for developing relationships with existing and prospective customers and analyzing needs and aligning them with trucks. The position is a motivated individual that seizes the opportunity in the fast-paced and rewarding field. The position prefers sales experience, along with a book of business and a positive, self-driven, hard-working, financially motivated attitude.
If you have an unbelievable work ethic (we're talking the top 10% of anyone you know), the drive for financial freedom, and skin thick enough for making cold calls, then this might be the sales career for you.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- salary + commission, paid weekly
- Quarterly production bonus program available, in addition to the base and commission pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage available
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Paid training program
- Unlimited commission opportunity
- The Downside - your friends will expect you to pick up the tab!
- A career path like no other.
- Grow your book of business, head up a sales team, or run your own division
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- A four-year college degree is preferred, but not required.
- Prior sales experience is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of logistics experience is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of computer experience is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of freight brokering is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of freight experience is preferred.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to be covered by the Company's insurance policy is required.
POSITION KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services including marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to adapt and able to manage multiple assignments while working independently.
- The ability to develop constructive and cooperative relationships with customers in a sales territory and maintain them over time.
- The ability to persuade others to buy products or to otherwise change their minds or actions.
- The ability to resolve customer complaints or problems.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to maintain a backbone for negotiating, and the ability to handle conflict.
- The ability to multitask, including managing at least two phones, while using email and IM.
- The ability to be dependable, adaptable, and flexible when dealing with people.
- The ability to pay attention to small details in a high-stress environment.
- The ability to take on challenges, even when failure is an option.
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- The ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task.
Little John Transportation
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Broker jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.