Early Head Start Teacher
Little Havana Activities and Nutrition Centers of Dade County Miami, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical,
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have completed Parts I and II of the Department of Children and Families specialized training courses (45 hours total); must hold Florida Child Care Professional Credential ( FCCPC) (formerly known as Child Development Associates Degree ( CDA); and or hold a AA of BA in related field. Be certified by a physician to be in good health to carry out all activities involved in working with preschool aged children; must hold five-hour Early Literacy certificate.
FUNCTION: To provide a safe loving and well-rounded learning experience that will foster the cognitive, emotional, physical and social development of each child. Respect and encourage each child’s uniqueness and cultural diversity and use this as a tool to teach and encourage each child’s uniqueness.
Provide and respond to all physical needs of the children which may include but not limited to:
· Provide and respond to all physical needs of the children which may include but are not limited to:
· Diaper changing (carrying a child onto and off the changing table) Follow standard procedures for proper diaper changing and hand washing.
· Follow proper health and sanitation procedures by Florida Department of Health and Sanitation.
· Classroom must be kept in an orderly fashion which includes organizing, sanitizing and cleaning on a daily bases.
· Maintaining all daily/ classroom logs up to date
· Attending the needs of the children in your care
· Daily classroom and child observations conducted. Weekly input into GOLD portal
· Conduct parent/teacher conferences 3 times a contract year
· Conduct home visits 2 x a year
· Attend Early Head Start/ELC Professional Development trainings throughout the contract year
· Apply the Conscious Discipline Model for Guidance and or The Pyramid Model Approach.
· Training in Creative Curriculum Approach
· Create and implement the weekly lesson plans
· CPR & First Aid training
· Ensure safety of ALL children and record any incidences or injury in Rainbow forms and report to the office of such incident and or injury immediately.
· Encourage early intervention and work closely with the on-site director and program director
· Team player
· Report any abuse to the administration and to DCF immediately when detected
· Encourage early intervention.
· Conduct ASQ-3 and ASQ-SE Assessments at least once a year.
· Follow all Department of Children and Families Standards
· Be prepared to class and ready to teach all children in your care
· Provide appropriate materials for all activities
· Provide a harmonious , respectful , inclusive and peaceful learning environment
· Maintain a Team Teaching approach in the classroom
Little Havana Activities and Nutrition Centers of Dade CountyWhy Work Here?
LHANC has been an industry leader for 50 years serving the needs of the elderly community of Miami-Dade County.
Come work for Little Havana Activities and Nutrition Centers of Dade County, Inc., a non-profit organization that serves socially isolated and economically disadvantaged seniors in the South Florida area. At LHANC, we believe in serving with passion and doing the right thing. Our mission is to provide a wide-range of social services to socially isolated and economically disadvantaged seniors in the South Florida area. We identify the need and procure the funding necessary to provide low-income, frail, isolated elderly persons with quality social, nutrition, and health services allowing them to continue to live at home, albeit with some assistance and to avoid early, costlier institutionalization. Our services are all provided to aid the rapidly increasing elderly population with essential services in a loving and sensitive manner. We are a tax-exempt, charitable non-profit corporation that is funded through government grants and private donations.
EducationView all jobs at Little Havana Activities and Nutrition Centers of Dade County