Preschool Master teacher / Site supervisor
Little Angels Nursery school San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Little Angels Nursery school is looking for an experienced loving and reliable Master preschool teacher/ Site Supervisor.
Our school are inspired by the Reggio Emilia and theProject based approach. We are a mixed age all inclusive school with emphasis on Art, outdoor play and project based learning.
We are located in Bernal Heights and serve children from 2-6 years old. We are a small preschool with capacity of 20 children.
This position Is a dual position of Master teacher / Site supervisor for qualified candidates who meet the school and state requirements listed below
If you feel you the qualifications below, we would love to hear from you!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
Interacting with Children and parents
- Instruct children and parents (e.g. nutrition, self-care, social, motor skills, language skills, etc.) for the purpose of optimizing development of each child and helping to enhance parenting skills.
- Create an age appropriate project based curriculum that meets all the social emotional, cognitive and physical needs of the children in the school.
- Role-model and ensure the team members receive support and training as needed
- Assists children with personal hygiene. Ensure classroom toys and supplies are clean and rotated weekly
- Carries out small groups’ activities and routines that support individual/group needs.
- Use positive discipline techniques in guiding children’s behavior.
- Observe children in all developmental domains and document observations using the DRDP assessment tools.
- Monitor cleanup activities, listening, etc. for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social behavior.
- Organize indoor/outdoor activities, appropriate to age group for the purpose of actively participating in the learning activities with children
- Communicate with parents and report their children's day, any incidents that have been observed and recorded on-site regarding their child.
- Obtain all required classroom parental signatures such as on all incident reports and sign in/ out forms.
- Maintains classroom equipment, work areas, student files/records for the purpose of ensuring availability of items, providing reliable information and/or ensuring a safe and sanitary environment..
- Assist in keeping labeled classroom areas and objects.
- Take the initiative to rotate a variety of materials on low open shelves for children to use independently.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: BA ( preferred ) or AA ( required ) Degree with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education or Child Development;
Must have 2 + year(s) experience in preschool setting and meets the California Community Care Licensing requirements, including 24 ECE Units including core course as listed on the Child Development Permit Matrix;
Valid Cpr / First Aid certification.
DOJ clearance and immunization and TB test clearance
Personal Skills required for the Master teacher
- Independent thinker, possess excellent customer service skills, professional attitude, a high level of personal integrity, maturity, and business judgment required.
- Performance - Able to multi-task, prioritize task, meet deadlines.
- Communication - Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be a well-organized professional who thrives in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to remain tactful under pressure and present a professional demeanor and communication style with co-workers.
Competitive salary, health and dental. Paid time off. Opportunity for growth. Support for further education. Great work environment.
We are a play based school inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach. We follow an Emergent curriculum and emphasis on Outdoor , Art and sensory activities.
Please see more info on our school on our website:
Little Angels Nursery schoolWhy Work Here?
Health and dental Benefits. Many opportunities for growth in your position. Paid Vacation, Assistance for continued education. Great team
Little Angels Nursery school is a small inclusive preschool located in Bernal Heights and small infant toddler daycare in Glen park San Francisco. We are a play based school inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach. We follow an Emergent curriculum and emphasis on Outdoor , Art and sensory activities. Please see more info on our school on our website: https://www.littleangelsnurseryschools.com
610 cortland Ave #ASan Francisco, CA
EducationView all jobs at Little Angels Nursery school