Who are we?
Lithos Energy designs and builds advanced lithium-ion battery pack from the ground up for use in high-performance automotive, marine and aerospace applications. We build the things we design and manufacture in-house, in California. We are a growing team of experienced engineers.
Who are you?
You are a doer. Highly skilled and self-motivated, you thrive in rapidly changing, entrepreneurial environments. You must be genuinely passionate about electric vehicles and power systems. We are building real products. This must excite you. You will be enabled, and expected, to innovate, create and have a substantial impact on the company. You’ll work alongside accomplished engineers on perhaps the most important technologies being developed today.
As Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for managing Lithos Energy’s supply base for low-voltage and high-voltage products. You will be the primary interface to our vendors, both domestic and overseas, for fundamental operations including production scheduling, order placement, tracking and issue resolution. In addition, you will drive continuous improvement to our supply chain (new vendor find, qualification, performance metric tracking, pricing negotiation) as well as internal business processes.
- High level responsibility for all material flows into the factory.
- Manage procurement schedule and execute buying plan. Secure vendor commitment to plan timing.
- Monitor orders and inbound shipments to catch shortage issues as early as possible.
- Own vendor relationships and drive negotiations.
- Establish and track key vendor performance metrics (vendor scorecard).
- Minimize working capital requirements while managing risk.
- Ensure NDAs, SOWs, GT&Cs are negotiated and in place in a timely fashion.
- Own RFQ process for new parts
- Continuously improve purchasing, quality management and other business processes.
- Anything else needed to get the job done.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering or related field.
- Detailed oriented with ability to manage large volumes of data.
- Comfortable being in constant communication with a large number of counterparts.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Procurement and pricing negotiations from global supply chain (5+ years).
- Experience managing multiple structured BOMs
- Knowledge of commodities used in battery manufacturing (sheet metal, IM plastics, stampings, adhesives, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with domestic and overseas suppliers.
- Familiarity with logistics and freight management, shipping regulations, incoterms.
- Familiarity with quality controlled manufacturing environment (automotive, aerospace or defense).