Writer/Editor - Cracked.com
Literally Media New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cracked.com is hiring!
Cracked began as a comedy magazine in 1958, jumped online in 2005, and is now looking for full-time editors to guarantee that the site endures for another 10 million years, perhaps in the form of an omnipotent machine intelligence.
This position is for a skilled writer/editor who can identify stories that suit the Cracked audience and has the ability to develop a unique/original angle on the topic and can execute on a high level.
(We’re hiring for several editorial positions, namely A) writers and B) image creators, so if you're good at both, you should probably mention that.)
At Cracked, you'll join a team of seasoned editors with decades of online publishing experience. We believe that everybody deserves to learn about our weird world, and we strive to be an entertaining and authoritative daily destination for our growing audience.
This year, Cracked is also going to be expanding our editorial slate of podcasts, video, and Twitch offerings. (And while not required, if you have any experience with editing, producing, or being in front of the camera, tell us!)
Cracked is part of the Literally Media family, which means you’ll be working alongside the teams of Know Your Meme, eBaum's World, and Cheezburger (Fail Blog, Memebase, I Can Has Cheezburger).
- Create multiple daily written posts or image sets for the site in the signature "Cracked voice."
- Work with Cracked's editorial team to brainstorm and execute the next fun dumb thing.
- You must be social media savvy and have a firm understanding of how the ever-howling void that is the Internet operates.
- Mid-to-high level Photoshop skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong brainstorming and ideation skills
- You must be able to commute to Cracked's Brooklyn office daily.
- Sharp research instincts, and a knack for identifying engaging and original story ideas
- College degree preferred (not required)
- Great sense of humor with the ability to translate that to your work
- Tell us why you’d be a good fit here at Cracked. Any sort of professional background/avocational interest in comedy, academia (history or science, specifically), or pop culture is a huge plus here.
- Submit at least two pieces of relevant writing. (Feel free to create samples specifically for this application if need be.)
- Please submit your resume as well.
This is a full-time, 40 hours a week position, but the candidate must be able to work flexible hours to meet deadlines.
Our office culture is very much like a startup, with a fun environment and an emphasis on individual contribution and growth. We are looking for leaders and individuals that flourish in an open-ended management structure.
Literally MediaWhy Work Here?
Great team and environment, with lots of room for personal growth. Our brands reach millions of people with fun, entertaining content.
Literally Media is an independent global digital media company producing quality content for hugely successful humor and entertainment websites. The portfolio of Literally’s legendary brands includes Cracked, Know Your Meme, eBaum’s World and Cheezburger, which dominate the humor and entertainment markets with over 50 million unique monthly users, through digital, video and social platforms. At Literally Media you’ll be working alongside experienced ad operations professionals, product leaders, and creative editors who understand online publishing and social media, who believe in being self-driven while also supporting each other to be successful. We believe in experimentation and creativity as well as being data-driven, and above all focusing on making it a fun experience for our audience and employees.
61 Greenpoint aveNew York, NY
EducationView all jobs at Literally Media