Brief Job Description
LPS creates software for social good. Our data collection and reporting software systems helps state and local government agencies help people improve their opportunities to get jobs with sustainable, living wages for themselves and their families. Enjoy being part of a fun group of bright, passionate folks, in a great working environment, with generous salary & benefits while helping those who help others.
We’re looking for that rare, passionate accountant with deep, broad accounting expertise. Our Company is currently experiencing explosive growth due to national demand, and we’re looking for someone with the smarts, passion and people skills to meet our ever-growing customer expansion.
- Manage all aspects of a company’s accounting.
- Responsible for general ledger.
- Process and pay bills and credit cards.
- Prepare bank deposits
- Invoice customers
- Review and reconcile bank statements.
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Process Payroll
- Maintain the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Track cash and credit payments and rectify banking information on a daily basis.
- Track data and compile internal reports on assets, liabilities, and expenses.
- Analyze yearly performance data for presentation to management, which involves comparing prior projections to actual performance, adjusting and creating a new forecast, and investigating any anomalies in the accounting data.
- Assist with annual and quarterly budgets, forecasts, and reports, including profits/losses by business unit.
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
- Maintain company accounting procedures and processes
- Implement processes to ensure financial integrity.
- Develop procedures to improve efficiency
- Advise on procedure and financial management
- Forecast and plan for future needs
- Assist with auditing as needed
- Primary liaison with tax accountants including providing all required documentation
- Primary contact for employee benefits
- Maintain good standing with all states where the company is registered.
- Familiarity with SaaS businesses preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or a related field.
- MBA or CPA certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the accounting field
- Expert in QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
“To be a powerful force of good in the world by creating revolutionary tools for those serving humanity.”
Our Core Values:
The very core of LiteracyPro Systems is our genuine belief in, and adherence to, the company’s six core values:
● Honesty and ethical behavior above all else
● Teamwork—we sink or swim together
● Work hard, have fun
● Passion for excellence—second best will never suffice
● We follow through on our commitments—we mean what we say and we say what we mean
● Service to our community
These six core values guide us in everything we do—from the commitments we make and the execution of our business plan, to the way we treat each other on a daily basis. Our values foster a deep sense of responsibility to our customers, vendors, and investors as well as to fellow team members. We are driven by the satisfaction of excellence.