AmeriCorps Recruitment & Retention Coordinator
The AmeriCorps Recruitment & Retention Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and helping retain members for the Literacy AmeriCorps team and providing general program support including organizing and maintaining files, completing fiscal reports, and supporting member training. Work schedule is estimated at 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday with some weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit using current platforms: Service Year, Handshake, eGrants, LinkedIn
- Explore and identify recruitment areas and additional platforms, processes and techniques
- Coordinate and participate in local and national outreach to recruit and raise program awareness
- Monitor and follow up with members throughout the term
- Attend local, regional and national recruitment events and program trainings
- Assist and support site placement•Recruit volunteers to participate in service projects•Coordinate alumni outreach and engagement
- Assist onboarding and training new team members
- Help with schedule management
- Responsible for initiating and overseeing background screenings conducted with approved vendors as required
- Assist with onboarding paperwork necessary throughout the service year
- Help review member service logs for accuracy and compliance
- Organize and maintain member files, site files and grant-related documents
- Assist with fiscal billing, reporting and audits
- Enter data into the computer as appropriate
- Ensure confidentiality of privileged information
- Maintains adherence to company policies and procedures, including agency safety requirements
- Must work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks, and be punctual and timely in meeting all performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines
- Must maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees and clients of the organization
- Assists the Coalition with other assignments and additional duties as deemed appropriate or needed
The position requires daily contact with the Director of AmeriCorps, and weekly contact with the Director of Finance & Operations, other Literacy Coalition staff and AmeriCorps members.
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills required
- Ability and willingness to participate in ongoing professional development activities, including Volunteer Florida fiscal training, in order to keep current on new developments in the field and to enhance skills already maintained
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires safely lifting or moving up to 25 lbs on an occasional basis, for example, movement of materials or notebooks.
- Requires long periods of time sitting, with some standing, walking, bending, pushing or pulling.
- The noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
Telephone, fax, copy machine, printer, computer.
Commensurate with experience.
Continued employment is dependent on the availability of funding resources.
The Literacy Coalition does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Employee Policy and Procedure Manual. The Literacy Coalition will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Literacy Coalition of Palm Beach CountyBoynton Beach, FL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.