Senior Help Desk Engineer
Lisa P. Singer Skokie, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a full-time IT professional to serve as a Help Desk Engineer in a fast-paced MSP environment filled with opportunities for professional growth. This is a new position to add to our growing help desk department.
HELP DESK OVERVIEW
- Resolve issues for clients via phone, in person, or electronically using established company protocols
- Track customer issues and resolutions in ticketing system
- Maintain detailed notes, network documentation, and update clients directly
- Participate in on-call rotation one weekend a month
HELP DESK REQUIREMENTS
- Provide technical assistance with hardware and software for Windows and MAC systems
- Manage printer, scanner installs and change requests
- Configure changes and support for Mobile Devices
- Resolve all software and hardware issues working with outside vendors as needed
- Recommend hardware and software upgrades and replacements as needed
- Password resets for systems as needed
- Remove and repair virus, malware, and spyware infections
- Support and build network infrastructure - firewalls, switches, ISPs, wireless
- Manage firewall content filtering services and email whitelist requests
- Configure VPNs and secure remote access
- Manage DVR system security and remote access
- Collaborate with vendors to support on premise PBX systems
- Manage changes needed for VOIP hosted system requests
- Install, configure, and monitor backup systems
- Train end users as needed per environment
- Go on site to clients as needed using company car
- Work on special projects and tickets
- 10 years minimum IT experience
- Expert with Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems
- Advanced experience with Sonicwall firewalls and Cisco managed switches
- Strong experience with Office 365 and Sharepoint
- Must be available to work overtime if needed
- Willingness to adapt to new and changing priorities
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well with colleagues and end users
- Demonstrated ability to take detailed notes
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and complete thorough checklists
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to follow instructions and learn new technology quickly
Hours: Full-Time Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm in our Skokie Illinois main office. Overtime and Travel as needed.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience; generous vacation and benefits package including health, dental, life and vision. We pay overtime for all hours worked over 40 hours per week.
Lisa P. SingerWhy Work Here?
Grow your IT skills every day. Incredible team environment. Beautiful office. Great location.
Located in Skokie, IL, Singer Networks is an IT MSP that serves small- to-mid sized business for all their technology needs. We have been in business for 19 years and have a growing client base. We have a beautiful office in Skokie near the Old Orchard Shopping Center. Strong, positive, team environment. In depth training provided. Great opportunity to grow and strengthen your skills.
4709 Golf Rd. SkokieSkokie, IL
TechnologyView all jobs at Lisa P. Singer