- Posted: over a month ago
The Aerospace Engineer will lead development activities related to LiquidPiston’s novel heavy fuel engines and specifically VTOL aircraft applications.
You’re an experienced Engineer with diverse capabilities to lead a UAS (drone) program. Applicants should have 8+ years’ experience in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Develop solutions for advanced heavy fueled, rotary IC engines and UAV/VTOL applications
- Lead and mentor junior engineers
- Work with design, analysis, testing, and manufacturing teams to achieve project goals
- Prepare monthly reports/slides and communicate with DOD customers
- A dreamer, an innovative, out-of-the-box thinker with an analytical mind. A hands-on problem solver.
- A degreed (prefer MS or Ph.D) engineer with 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Technically deep, with experience in rotary equipment, thermofluid systems, combustion engines, UAVs.
- A proficient with the use of design and simulation tools (SolidWorks, MATLAB/Simulink, GT SUITE)
- An exceptional verbal and written communicator.
- Creative and up for a challenge- our goal is to build the world’s most efficient and power-dense VTOL aircraft based on our rotary engine, and you will be leading the way.
Preferred Skills Include:
- Part 107, Part 61 Pilot with IFR rating preferred
- Ardupilot Expert; Mission Planner, QGC, MAVproxy
- Arduino, C++, Python, Lua script, UAVCAN, X-Flight, RealFlight
- Aerodynamics; JavaProp, JavaFoil, XFRL5
- Matlab/Simulink; Aero Toolbox
- Electronics Design/Simulation/PCB’s (SPICE, OrCAD)
- Solidworks; CAD, FEA, Simulation
- Hands-On; Design, Build and Testing
- Project Management and Presentation skills; MS Word, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, Excel
One of the things we value about our work culture is our people. We work hard, but also have a flexible paid time off policy, encouraging employees to unplug and refuel! Daily work hours can flex around what works best for your work-life balance.
Health and wellness help us show up.
We provide a total rewards package including medical, dental, and vision coverage. You choose what works for you!
Our permanent employees are invested in what we do through the offering of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Don’t leave money on the table.
We offer a 401k w/100% matching up to 3% of your salary and then 50% of contributions between 3-5%.
Never stop learning.
We have training programs to LAUNCH your career through specialization courses, seminars, and other lifelong learning and development resources.
LiquidPiston, Inc. will ensure that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?