Overview of Role:
Liquid Robotics is seeking multi-disciplinary systems thinkers to fulfill the role of Systems Engineer within a new Systems Engineering organization. The Systems Engineer will report to the Manager, Systems Engineering and will be located out of our Sunnyvale, CA headquarters. Job duties will span the entire product lifecycle and include: customer-facing CONOPS and requirements definition, preliminary and detailed design, development support, unit and system-level testing, and O&M support. The role includes significant interaction within multi-disciplinary teams of electrical, software, and mechanical engineers in a fast-paced environment, as well as interaction with Business Development and Customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines system and functional system requirements, documents specifications, identifies requirements flow down, design and architecture development, and requirements traceability
- Direct Customer engagement to capture and understand new product CONOPS and requirements
- Project test planning and procedure development
- Verification and validation of complex systems
- Assume project leadership role as required, combining duties of Program Management and Systems Engineering
- Documentation, such as requirements documentation, design specifications, test plans, user guides, and other customer-facing documents
- Support Business Development capture efforts as contributor to proposal efforts and ongoing campaigns
- Assist Liquid Robotics Customer Support organization with technical questions and troubleshooting
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required; Master's degree is beneficial.
- 5-8 years of Systems Engineering or related experience, or a Master's degree with 3-5 years of experience
- Experience performing Requirements Management and Test Planning functions
- Ability to obtain a Secret level security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens.
- Ability to work successfully with cross-functional teams.
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, with strong organization skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to be stationed at test sites in Hawaii and other locations for multi-week periods, when needed.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products
Desired Experience and Skills
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering or Agile Systems Engineering
- Experience with MATLAB, VBA, Python, Java, C++, or another coding language
- Working in a small company environment, with a willingness to handle a wide range of tasks
- Trustworthy and diligent self-starter, personally organized, can take direction, manage multiple tasks, budget, and meet schedules
- Experience with design of unmanned systems and/or maritime systems is a plus
- The "Ocean Gene" is a plus: a passion for anything related to ocean life/activities
Liquid Robotics designs and manufactures Wave Gliders, the world's first wave and solar powered autonomous ocean robots. With partners, they address challenges facing defense, Oil & Gas, commercial and science customers by making ocean data collections and communications easier safer and in real-time. Liquid Robotics was acquired by Boeing in December of 2016 and operates as an independent non-integrated subsidiary.
For more info, please visit www.liquid-robotics.com
Liquid Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.