Executive Communications Manager
Lions + Tigers Seattle, WA
- Posted: 20 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
What is Lions + Tigers?
Our mission is to empower leaders to build a more inclusive, authentic, and empathetic future.
We are a Marketing Consulting & Services agency building a new model of work, where flexibility is a strategic advantage for our clients and talent. Our highly-skilled consultants have impressive portfolios and now value the opportunity to wear multiple hats -- as parents, passion seekers and professionals. Our engagements are built to empower clients and consultants to operate at "highest and best use," activating the right resources at the right time to drive meaningful impact. Our clients value the broad experience and aptitude of our talented team, who come to work with us from all corners of the professional world -- from enterprise to small and medium-sized businesses.
Our Core Values:
- COMMUNITY - We come together in collective action to nurture a community that lifts one another up and prioritizes economic access and representation. Together, and with intention, we achieve more than we ever will alone.
- IMPACT - Entrepreneurs at our core, we care deeply and take ownership for how we show up in the world. Individually and in community, we operate in highest and best use, measuring success in outcomes not output.
- STEWARDSHIP - We believe in service plus advocacy. It is with great responsibility that we leverage the resources of our clients’ investments in us and our own corporate dollars to leave all things better than we found them.
- COURAGE - With determination and resilience, we lead. True to our word, emphatic in our actions. Our stride is long and heads are held high, as we push the boundaries of what is accepted in pursuit of what is possible.
Lions + Tigers is an equal opportunity company committed to building a diverse and engaged workforce. Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) as well as all genders and abilities are encouraged to apply.
The successful Executive Communications Manager is a multi-talented copywriter, strategist and project manager. You’re an expert in seeking out information that allows you to create content that is both informative and impactful. You talk the talk, communicating to audiences with empathy, using their own language and internal culture references. You know that frameworks are the magic behind every successful campaign or project, and you work with all stakeholders to create effective processes and guidelines. Most of all, you’re a trusted advisor to clients in leading organizational change, supporting employee engagement and developing communications that have lasting impact on the organization.
NOTE: This is a full-time position with a client at Microsoft. Candidates will be 100% remote to start but should reside in the Greater Seattle Area for a long-term schedule that is partially remote. Fully remote candidates will be considered on a case by case basis.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Consult with business partners across the organization to organize and create content standards and templates for key messages and audiences.
- Build a stakeholder communications plan to provide status tracking, updates and facilitate alignment on project progress. Measure communications effectiveness through qualitative and quantitative metrics.
- Serve as a trusted communications counselor to internal leaders.
- Bring the client’s voice and message to audiences by creating beautiful stories, key moments and compelling content.
- Work with subject matter experts to translate data into impactful communications, easily understood by the wider internal audience.
- Define and deliver difficult and high-stakes personalized stakeholder communications.
- Partner with internal teams and external vendors to deliver strategic projects.
- In support of client success, identify areas of opportunity for Lions + Tigers to provide iterative or incremental support.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Extensive experience writing for advertising, PR, employee communications, or journalism, preferably within the enterprise technology sector.
- Experience in three or more of the following areas: digital marketing, marketing strategy, strategic communications, PR, internal communications, executive communications.
- Superior written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex issues and deliver compelling information to an employee audience.
- Superb verbal communication and client-facing skills including proficiency with conflict communications and conflict management. High EQ, able to collaborate effectively with others in high-pressure situations and to manage productively through conflict.
- Experience preparing compelling deliverables for clients, owning and delivering the finished product.
- Flexible and adaptive, able to quickly respond to time sensitive and complex changing requirements and new challenges.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel and PowerPoint. Preference for candidates with experience updating or owning management of SharePoint sites or other relevant company portals.
- Ability to work effectively remotely (and across time zones (including globally), when necessary).
We created an agency built on community, stewardship, impact, and courage that champions a new vision of work, where flexibility is a strategic advantage, empowering consultants and emboldening clients.
We choose inclusion. We start with women. We prioritize economic access. Diverse representation is intentional and drives innovation. We partner with those who invest in creating access for women and the BIPOC community.
*Named as one of Puget Sound Business Journal's top 100 best places to work in Washington in 2020!
**Finalist for the 2021 GeekWire Awards in the category Workplace of the Year.
Lions + TigersWhy Work Here?
An inclusive Marketing & Strategy Consultancy, we bring highly-skilled talent to tech enterprises empowering empathetic leaders to innovate.
Work isn’t working for everyone. Let’s change things. We created an agency built on community, stewardship, impact, and courage that champions a new vision of work, where flexibility is a strategic advantage, empowering consultants and emboldening clients. We choose inclusion. We start with women. We prioritize economic access. Diverse representation is intentional and drives innovation. We partner with those who invest in creating access for women and the BIPOC community. *Named as one of Puget Sound Business Journal's top 100 best places to work in Washington in 2020! **Finalist for the 2021 GeekWire Awards in the category Workplace of the Year.