Do you thrive in an imaginative and inventive environment? Are you someone who flourishes when part of a cohesive team where collaboration and ideas flow freely? We’re looking for an experienced Senior Interior Designer with Project Management experience to join our Interiors team in our Newport Beach office.
An ideal candidate is capable of making independent judgments and decisions for projects and project teams. This individual should also display excellent time management skills and commits to executing office standards of design, quality control, and production. Sound like you?
As the Senior Interior Designer, you will…
- Manage teams with an understanding and support for the value of design.
- Oversee team production and coordination of construction documents, including consultant coordination and managements of clients’ goals, budget and schedule, as well as train and mentor others.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the impact of building codes, agency and jurisdictional requirements.
- Be effective and thorough in all aspects of the Construction Administration process, as well as imparting learned experience to multiple teams and bring a high level of value to clients.
- Be responsible for oversight and coordination of project activities with clients, consultants, contractors and staff, as well as coach/mentor others.
- Oversee team furniture selection and specifications in compliance with client standards and code requirements, as well as train others.
- Participate in all phases of the design and project documentation process and oversee a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Market new projects as a trusted advisor to multiple clients through established relationships and reputation. Attend association/ organization events related to the field.
- Ensure that office standards for design, quality control and production are followed related to project management, as well as contribute to further development of standards.
- Review and evaluate documents for accuracy with internal teams and external consultants. Perform complete quality control reviews as appropriate and lead integrated project reviews.
- Be responsible for delegating tasks to staff, as well as coaching and supporting staff’s professional development.
- Be responsible for the financial management of projects, including the development and adherence to work plans, assisting the PIC with fee development, monitoring project financial status and managing monthly project financial tasks.
- Have strong proposal writing skills and coordinate with PIC and/or Studio Leader for projects.
Senior Interior Designer Qualifications – The Must-Haves (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design and a minimum of 10 years interior design experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Basic skills in Revit
- Prior experience with Civic and/or Commercial projects
- Prior experience with Healthcare projects (Kaiser preferred)
Senior Interior Designer Qualifications – The Like-to-Haves (Not Required)
- Basic skills in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Google SketchUp
Compensation DOE. We offer health benefits, competitive paid time off, 401(k) and eligibility for annual bonuses!