The Warehouse and Logistics Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day warehouse operations and delivery services performed at the RightAway Storage facility located in the city of Baltimore. This position requires a person that is energetic, action oriented, success driven with strong customer service and sales skills that thrives in entrepreneurial environments.
RightAway Storage is a fast paced, growing organization that serves a unique niche in the marketplace offing both traditional Self Storage and On-Demand Valet Service to better serve its Customers. An ideal Applicant needs to be comfortable with all warehouse operational duties, overseeing delivery staff, driving commercial vehicles, supporting the General Manager and being marketing minded.
A 3-story, 105,000 square foot, climate-controlled facility located in the city of Baltimore, MD with convenient access to I-95 and I-895.
- Ensures effective utilization of warehouse areas and observes proper loading, unloading, stocking and safekeeping of Customer’s goods to prevent damage, theft, accidents, and occupational hazards.
- Supports the General Manager on sales and marketing initiatives together with being able to interface directly with Customer, complete sales and answer Customer’s questions.
- Complete Customer deliveries and drive commercial vehicles (cargo vans, pick-up trucks and cargo trailers up to 24 feet).
- Maintains the highest standards of Customer Service and ensuring direct report staff is equally customer service focused.
- Manage internal logistics management software to ensure accurate billing, inventory management and on-time delivery to Customers.
- Ensure that vehicles, trailers, machinery and equipment is maintained and ready for duty.
- Recruit, train, coach, manage and develop warehouse staff to ensure optimize performance and quality of service to Customers.
- Maintains all warehouse and vehicle related safety protocols and ensures all regulatory approvals are in good standing (DOT and others).
- Supports General Manager in all aspects of the operation of the facility including, without limitation, front desk support, Customer tours/sales, and company marketing efforts.
- Perform light clean and maintenance such as sweeping, mopping, picking up trash and wiping windows to ensure a high quality Customer experience.
- General oversight of building maintenance and core systems.
- Create a positive, productive, and safe working environment.
- 3+ years of warehouse, operations, logistics and/or fleet management experience
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Experience driving cargo vans, pick-ups and cargo trailers.
- Available to work weekends/holidays.
- Polished presentation and ability to interact with Customers in a sales capacity
- Excellent communication skills both on phone and in person.
- Works well in a team setting or independently.
- Repeated twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling inventory from shelves
- Ability to lift items and boxes up to 50 pounds
- Climbing of ladders, usage of scissor and picker lifts.
- Clean background check including criminal, credit and employment.
- Have valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- DOT Medical card not required but a plus and applicant will need to apply for one once employed by RightAway Storage.
- CDL not required
- Proficient with PC based computer, Microsoft Office other general business tools.
- High school diploma (college degree is a plus).
- $45,000 to $50,000 plus access to bonus program
- Competitive benefits program, health insurance and PTO