Linxx Global Solutions (Linxx) is looking for experienced weapons instructors to fill positions as ECS Weapons Based Instructors. Position is located at CENSECFOR LS Gulfport, Mississippi.
Instructors shall assist in classroom and laboratory preparation, including ranges and remote training sites, student administration, test proctoring, and safety procedures to avoid interruptions in the training day. Instructors shall deliver a wide variety of training topics, as well as provide instructional and safety support for live-fire weapons training. Instructors shall be familiar with all presentation, delivery method, testing and remediation procedures, curriculum, training aids, devices, electronic podiums, and equipment operation and maintenance procedures associated with the course or section of the course they will instruct.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledgeable in basic and advanced training techniques.
- Knowledgeable in computer technology application as it applies to instructional presentation and the use of classroom training aids.
- Possess above average communication skills and the ability to comprehend both verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of demonstrating modern dynamic combat shooting skills and have knowledge of basic and advanced training techniques.
- Capable of achieving a minimum of a "Sharpshooter" score with either of the primary weapons to include the M9 Service Pistol and M4 Service Rifle.
- Possess fitness and conditioning to support the level of instruction.
- Capable of performing all training evolutions, including the ability to effectively complete weapons qualifications in the standing, kneeling and prone positions, and walk for long periods of time on uneven terrain during land navigation exercises.
- Capable of passing a medical screening, psychological evaluation, drug screen and background check.
- Present a professional appearance.
- U.S. citizen
- Must have one of the following qualifications:
- Have attended the Navy Instructor Training Course (NITC) (A-012-0077) (or military service equivalent), or
- Academic credentialing (teacher/professor), or
- Instructor training via an academic institution. Academic ITC requirements should contain at a minimum, these Learning Objectives:
- Effective communication and questioning techniques
- Adult learning theory and principles
- Instructional Delivery methods
- Lesson delivery performance laboratory
- Training environment management
- Inter-personal skills
- Evaluation and Feedback
- Must have one qualification from this list:
- SAMI course (A-041-0148) NEC 0812
- CSWI course (A-830-2215) NEC 0814
- Seahawk Weapons and Tactics Instructor Course (S-050-0836) NEC 8210
- Marine Corps Primary Marksmanship Instructor (Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) 8531) and Small Arms Weapons Instructor (MOS 8532) courses
- Other DoD-equivalent small arms and CSWI courses
- FLETC Small Arms Instructor course
- Any Federal or State Law Enforcement Agency Firearms Instructor course
- NRA Five-day Law Enforcement Handgun and Shotgun Development School
- Any other small arms or CSWI course equivalencies approved by OPNAV N46
- Minimum of two years tactical military operational experience involving:
- Basic Tactical Communications
- Convoy Operations - Basic
- Small Arms
- Tactical Shooting
- Counter Improvised Explosive Devices (C-IED)
- Mission Planning
- Basic Tactical Movement
- Basic CBRNE Procedures
- Tactical Decision Making (Shoot/Don't Shoot)
- Minimum of two years' experience as an instructor delivering training
- Minimum of two years' experience in delivering weapons-based courses-of-instruction which include live-fire training
Preferred RequirementsCandidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Current CPR certification
- Current Basic First Aid Certification
- Judgment-Based Engagement Training (JET) Instructor Qualification
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Basic and voluntary life insurance
- Disability coverage
- Paid time off
Linxx is a fast-growing Government contracting company, with corporate offices located in Virginia Beach, VA and contract support offices operating in 11 locations across the U.S. Linxx is a well-run, lean company with an excellent past performance record. We are dedicated to improving the security of America and her allies through insightful analysis, creative product development, and exceptional customer service.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Linxx Global Solutions