Principal Java Developer (Partially Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $140,000 to $170,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Custom and Border Protection (CBP), is the largest federal law enforcement agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security, charged with regulating and facilitating international trade, collecting import duties, and enforcing U.S. regulations, including trade, customs, and immigration. CBP is the largest law enforcement agency in the United States.
Linkware is seeking full stack JAVA/JEE Engineers for a multi-year contract to support the ongoing modernization and maintenance of the CBP information systems, using JAVA/JEE
- · Design and implement JEE software applications
- · Use modern software engineering tools and methodologies including Eclipse, Spring boot, Kubernetes, Docker, and Atlassian Products (Jira, Confluence)
- · Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand requirements, then elicit feedback and refine solution through demonstrations
- · Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government’s system lifecycle methodology
- · AWS (Required)
- · JQuery, Angular, React
- · JEE Web Tier Technologies (Servlets, Struts, Spring MVC)
- · EJBS
- · Web services (SOAP and Rest)
- · SQL (Required)
- · Unix/ Linux
- · JEE Server experience (Spring boot, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere etc.)
- · JMS
- · Database Connectivity (JDBC, JPA, Hibernate)
- · 5+ years Java JEE (Required)
- · Experience developing microservices
Desired knowledge and experience include
- · Developing 100% automating unit tests
- · Agile development approach
- · Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment
- · Superior written and oral communication skills are essential
- · Must be able to multitask efficiently and progressively and work comfortably in an ever-changing data environment.
- · Excellent verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels.
A Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related field with applicable experience is required. Applicable work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
Pangiam is our parent company and offers a fully integrated travel and border security technology to federal and commercial clients that enhance travel security and facilitate a seamless passenger experience.
Linkware, LLCWhy Work Here?
Linkware was created by developers, for developers.
Linkware is a rapidly growing business solution provider, founded out of the desire to create innovative, mission-focused software solutions for our clients in the national security arena. We specialize in Software and Systems Engineering, Web-based and Mobile Application Development, Enterprise Application Development, Search and Analytics, and Case Management Solutions. Pangiam is our parent company and offers a fully integrated travel and border security technology to federal and commercial clients that enhance travel security and facilitate a seamless passenger experience.
TechnologyView all jobs at Linkware, LLC