Links Partners Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
- At least 2 years work experience as a litigation paralegal in an Amlaw100 firm or suitable specialized litigation or other dispute resolution firm.
- Experience with all stages of litigation, including use of current e-discovery database tools, modern e-filing practices, and trial preparation activities required. Experience working at trial or arbitration proceedings strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) with individuals at all levels of the Firm in an appropriate and professional manner. Strong service orientation, sense of accountability and attention to detail.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and proactively handle all paralegal responsibilities without prompting from administration or lawyers.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously; work equally well as part of a team in both a leadership and subordinate role, with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under deadlines and pressure typical of complex modern litigation, investigation, and arbitration matters. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with more senior paralegals and/or lawyers, perform all elements of litigation case management, including document and file management, case calendaring, discovery support, and trial prep and logistic activities. On case-specific basis, coordinate and oversee the tasks of more junior paralegals and other support staff as needed.
- Interact with outside entities (e.G. Courts, government agencies, expert witnesses, corporations, vendors and other law firms) to coordinate activities as needed in support of assigned cases.
- Draft, review, and/or analyze routine legal documents as requested by lawyers; conduct legal research under lawyer supervision.
- Create and maintain an effective work relationship with others to facilitate a positive and productive work environment.
- Continuously refine, develop, and expand skills in anticipation of changes in the work environment or profession.
- Adhere to Firm policies, practices, and priorities. Perform other duties as requested by Firm management.
Status: Non - Exempt Reports To: Paralegal Supervisor Qualifications (continued):
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with cite-checking, Bluebook rules, and California Style Manual preferred.
- Available for overtime work and reasonable business travel as needed. BS/BA from an accredited college or university or paralegal certificate.