Filmmaker, Digital Marketing Internship Program
- Posted: over a month ago
Start date: 09/07/2022
Duration: 14 weeks
Location: Rockville, Maryland, near Rockville Metro Station, Red Line
The Links Global Digital Marketing Internship Program is for undergraduates studying one or more of the following areas of education: digital marketing communication, writing, editing, journalism, public relations, marketing or advertising, social media, visual arts, television production, motion picture production, or 3-D animation, graphics, computer science, digital media, information systems, software engineering, data analytics, game development and design, business, social entrepreneurship, international affairs, or global development.
Interns will be able to improve their skills in teamwork, collaboration, time management, research, strategic planning, leadership, critical thinking, interpersonal communication, information processing, and decision-making/problem-solving. Interns will also learn about the process of producing from concept to launching a digital marketing campaign for a global development initiative.
This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain real-life work experience, help you gain confidence in your creative talents, get connected with influential global development professionals, build your portfolio, and open the doors to a future career. Interns receive skills training and are invited to participate in various team-building activities and networking events. Interns also get free parking and may qualify for a SmarTrip Card to take advantage of bus and rail service during their internship.
The internship requires a 15–20-hour commitment with options for in-person, hybrid, or remote work, and a flexible schedule on weekdays 7:00 am-8:00 pm ET.
We encourage you to ask your school if you qualify to receive college credit or transcript recognition for your internship.
Candidates will be considered for internships in one of the following areas:
- Digital marketing strategy
- Content creation
- SEO/SEM, advertising, public relations, and networking.
- Digital development
- Digital marketing analytics
- Multimedia production
- Graphic design
- Stakeholder engagement
- You must be a full-time college student that maintains a 3.0 GPA or higher, has completed the equivalent of four semesters of college coursework, and are willing to commit 15-20 hours a week per semester to be considered.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe, Adobe Creative, Video Editing Software) and social media management tools (Hootsuite, Sprout Social) are a plus.
- Successful completion of introductory courses in marketing, digital marketing, business, communication, advertising, computer programming, digital arts, and business.
- Individual or group project experience developing a digital marketing campaign or products.
- Previous internship experience in digital marketing is preferred.
- Passion for learning
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Understanding of basic marketing principles
- Familiarity with social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Basic understanding of SEO techniques and best practices
- Basic photography, image, and video editing, and graphic design skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under the guidance and supervision of a Links Global employee.
- Utilize learnings from the classroom to develop a digital marketing strategic plan.
- Research stakeholders’ opinions and marketing strategies and propose adjustments to current strategies.
- Support digital marketing campaign development, planning, and execution.
- Write copy for social media posts, promotional emails, and other marketing products.
- Assist in the creation of written, video, and image content for marketing channels.
- Participate in marketing brainstorming sessions.
- Assist in the management of website SEO.
- Take part in formal and informal training opportunities, in in-person and virtual.
- Gather data from primary and secondary sources through web searches, virtual meetings, workshops, and events.
- Measure and report the results of marketing initiatives.
- Research stakeholder and partner base to promote digital marketing campaign.
- Prepare marketing proposals and presentations.
- Assist with scheduling meetings with stakeholders.
- Store, organize, and manage files in a cloud file sharing service.
- Write, edit, and proofread documents and meeting reports.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
To apply, please complete the internship application, submit an updated copy of your resume along with a cover letter stating your interest in being an intern for Links Global, and provide two references from your school instructors, or advisors.
About Links Global
Links Global is a management consulting firm specializing in marketing communication and social entrepreneurship for development, with headquarters in Maryland and programs nationwide. Our clients are business leaders, change makers, entrepreneurs, innovators, policy influencers, philanthropists, and advocates determined to improve society. We help clients engage with their audiences by generating an understanding, beyond the obvious, about the issues that are truly important to them and by creating an actionable strategy that solves problems. Through strategic marketing communication and ICT, Links Global enables clients to get their unique message to the right audience at the right time to drive social change.
Visit our www.linksglobal.org to learn more about our actions to build and nurture healthy, diverse, and inclusive environments.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Links Global
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?