- Posted: over a month ago
LinkItAll, LLC. Is looking for qualified Technical Writer to provide support to the PEO Systems Marine Command for Assault Amphibious Vehicle Technical Writing Support in Fredericksburg, Virginia. The TW will coordinate with the USG to be available for site visits to capture technical procedures for proposed ECP installations at the USG's VSE facility in Ladysmith, VA. Occasional travel to Ladysmith and Quantico, VA; possibility of other locations required.
- Assist with the generation of ECP driven technical manual updates and change pages, the individual shall provide technical writing support to AAV Project Leads and SME logisticians. The TW shall coordinate, develop, maintain, and report on a variety of activities related to all AAV FOV Technical Publications
- Participate in design reviews of evolving vehicle designs, assessing them for potential impacts to the current AAV FOV TMs and future published
- Provide support to the Modification Team as it relates to ECP modifications and updates to the AAV FOV.
- Assist with the generation of ECP driven technical manual updates and change pages, the individual shall provide technical writing support to AAV Project Leads and SME logisticians. The TW shall coordinate, develop, maintain, and report on a variety of activities related to all AAV FOV Technical Publications.
- Responsible for the development and revision processes.
- Participate in and conducting validation and verification activities for newly revisedTechnical Manuals (TMs);
- Provide expertise and support to the Government on developing technical procedures, including operations, installation, maintenance, and
- Reviewing ECP and modification related documents submitted by the AAV Vendor for impacts to the current AAV FOV TMs and future published
- Developing and documenting logistics portions of the design or design change process,(i.e., ECPs) to include:
- Development of modification kit installation
- Submit any generated technical material to the USG for review and approval prior to incorporation into the current technical manuals.
- Adjudicate any recommendations/comments by the USG and resubmit the technical data to the USG for final approval
- Incorporate the updated information into the manuals for the next publish cycle.
- Military maintenance background preferred (5 years)
- Required Education: A bachelor's degree, preferably in technical writing, or related English language discipline or two (2) years of technical writing/editing experience is required.
- Able to obtain Secret Clearance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Experience with Screen capture applications (Snag-It, Snipping Tool, Paint, or Photoshop)
- Outstanding language, grammar, editing, proofreading, and formatting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with military personnel, government civilian staff and technical experts
- Familiarity with military culture, customs, and courtesies is preferred
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills/ Team Building
- Excellent Data Entry/ Analytical and Problem Solving
- Decision Making Skills/ Effective Verbal and Listening
- Attention to Detail and High Level of Accuracy
- Effective Organizational Skills/ Time Management Skills
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?