Data Analyst II
North Las Vegas, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
Link Technologies (LinkTechConsulting.com), a Las Vegas, NV based staffing and IT consulting firm, is currently seeking a Data Analyst II for a well-established client in Las Vegas, NV. This will be a remote, contract opportunity.
All applicants MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN – NO EXCEPTIONS.
The client is looking for a highly motivated, detail-orientated and reliable self-starter. The Analyst will have knowledge of technical principles, theories, standards, and practices and procedures in data analytics. The individual in this role will codify business logic using SQL and produce visually appealing business intelligence for end users to consume.
- Identify and prioritize business use cases.
- Understand the business strategy and work with business leaders to identify and prioritize problems that advanced analytics is suited to solve.
- Effectively communicate these ideas to senior management. In other words, translate business problems into advanced analytics/data science projects and lead in quantifying the various types of risk and rewards that allow these projects to be prioritized.
- End-to-end data architectural accountability for defining and refining enterprise architecture for data warehousing and business intelligence solutions.
- Deliver well-defined data design documentation and data models that guide and inform project software, development teams.
- Serve as liaison between IT and Business Support groups.
- Assist with monitoring data quality and working with stakeholders to fix data issues.
- May prepare reports on progress and schedule of projects.
- May provide technical assistance to User Support Training as required.
- The Analyst II reports to a Data Analytics Manager.
- Have a working knowledge of a data visualization tool, Denodo and PowerBI a must.
- Knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle relational databases is a must.
- Knowledge of master data management and data governance.
- Able to utilize advanced analytics, data science and SQL/NO-SQL datasets to give our business the ability to take advantage of information stored in various systems.
- Experience developing solutions.
- Ability to work with diverse data sources/datasets, use advance analytics, gain understanding of and managing the data, including how it interconnects.
- Understanding of business processes.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively share findings with shareholders.
- Can turn complex concepts into simple language.
- Excellent research, numerical and analytical skills.
- Ability to distinguish between reliable and unreliable data.
- Ability to organize and transform data into comprehensible structures and information.
- Be a self-starter and team player that keeps up to date on data trends and data related technology.
Link Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors protected by law.
AddressNorth Las Vegas, NV
TechnologyView all jobs at Link Technologies