FULL TIME POSITION
Set up, test, adjust and maintain industrial machinery or equipment at entry level, using any combination of electrical, electronics, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or computer technologies.
· Test pipe or tubing joints or connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
· Test electrical circuits or components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
· Repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring.
· Discuss heating or cooling system malfunctions with users to isolate problems or to verify that repairs corrected malfunctions.
· Repair or service heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to improve efficiency, such as by changing filters, cleaning ducts, or refilling non-toxic refrigerants.
· Install, connect, or adjust thermostats, humidistats, or timers.
· Connect heating or air conditioning equipment to fuel, water, or refrigerant source to form complete circuit.
· Comply with all applicable standards, policies, or procedures, such as safety procedures or the maintenance of a clean work area.
· Study blueprints, design specifications, or manufacturers' recommendations to ascertain the configuration of heating or cooling equipment components and to ensure the proper installation of components.
· Install auxiliary components to heating or cooling equipment, such as expansion or discharge valves, air ducts, pipes, blowers, dampers, flues, or stokers.
· Lay out and connect electrical wiring between controls and equipment, according to wiring diagrams, using electrician's hand tools.
· Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions.
· Record and report time, materials, faults, deficiencies, or other unusual occurrences on work orders.
· Install and test automatic, programmable, or wireless thermostats in residential or commercial buildings to minimize energy usage for heating or cooling.
· Adjust system controls to settings recommended by manufacturer to balance system.
· Install dehumidifiers or related equipment for spaces that require cool, dry air to operate efficiently, such as computer rooms.
· Recommend, develop, or perform preventive or general maintenance procedures, such as cleaning, power-washing, or vacuuming equipment, oiling parts, or changing filters.
· Install magnetic-centrifugal chillers, compressors, or related equipment to cool air temperatures through the use of recirculating water.
· Cut or drill holes in floors, walls, or roof to install equipment, using power saws or drills.
· Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe or tubing, using pipe fitter's tools.
· Install or repair air purification systems, such as specialized filters or ultraviolet (UV) light purification systems.
· Assemble, position, and mount heating or cooling equipment, following blueprints or manufacturer's specifications.
· Fabricate, assemble, or install duct work or chassis parts, using portable metal-working tools or welding equipment.
· Install radiator controls for room-level zone control heating of residential or commercial buildings.
Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a cooperative attitude. Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks. Must be reliable, respectful, responsible and dependable. Employee must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs. Employee must be able to work in a team environment. Must be able to work well under stressful conditions.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as standard math, concepts of basic algebra, and geometry.
Requires basic personal computer skills including e-mail and data entry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- HVAC Installation: 2-3 years (Preferred)
- HVAC (Required)