Responsible for working the warehouse team and work to meet production goals. Will be working to supply manufacturing lines with raw material, storing finished products, and loading products in trucks or shipping containers by using a sit down forklift. Will have to help in general warehouse function by aiding or completing tasks as needed.
- Obtains copy of production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility
- Loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as trucks
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
- Checking loads are secure
- Stacking empty pallets
- Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment
- Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
- Dumping materials into machine hoppers
- Self-driven, and ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to lift bulky items with proper form and technique, so not to cause injury and have high stamina
- Ability to stack bulky items several items high safely, and do so repeatedly and neatly
- Initiative to improve own personal skills and performance, and to provide the highest level of efficiency to create a better work environment.