Building Automation / BMS Technician
- $75,000 to $140,000 Yearly
JOB TITLE: HVAC/Controls Tech
LOCATION: San Diego County & Surrounding Area
We have multiple, immediate openings in San Diego County with the largest names in the industry. These are full time positions where you'll be employed directly by the client company with a full range of benefits.
* Top Pay / Top Companies / Very Competitive Benefits *
The Building Automation Systems (BAS) Technician will apply knowledge of various building trades such as electrical, mechanical, telecommunications, and information systems networks to computer-based control systems and building automation and environmental control energy equipment in commercial and industrial buildings to maximize energy and systems efficiency.
RESPONSIBLIITIES AND DUTIES:
- Interface with customers, architects, engineers, and contractors to install and service building automation systems including project start‐up and commissioning in office buildings, industrial properties, medical centers, hotels, malls, retail stores, and warehouses
- Troubleshoot, fix, and update HVAC systems and associated controls; download, update and verify software accuracy; calibrate and test HVAC systems and controls
- Perform a point-to-point checkout per standard procedures
- Perform software and hardware calibration required for proper equipment and system operation
- Complete project commissioning documentation, and maintain on‐going project as‐built documentation
- Perform thorough review of the project documentation as a whole, including plans and specifications, schedule, existing control drawings, RFIs, equipment submittals, control diagrams, sequence of operations, etc. for comprehensive understanding of the project
- Interpret project documents, estimate, and other information as available to select the proper equipment to achieve the scope of work required in the most economical and functional manner
- Design controls or special systems projects (network architecture, system diagram, wiring diagram, Bill of Material (BOM), and sequence of operation) to meet scope of work and budget as defined by contract documents and sales estimate ensuring equipment compatibility
- Perform drafting work in MS Visio or AutoCAD as required to complete submittals, control drawings updates, Operations & Maintenance (O&M) manual, and other engineered drawings accurately and professionally
- Provide comprehensive design summary list (TCP & TCP location list, 120VAC power requirement & location list, IP address requirement & location list, list of systems, hardware & software points list, list of trends and alarms) to the project team
- Maintain project control drawing construction document revision control from initiation to close out phase of the project, including uploading them into PlanGrid
- Generate Request for Information (RFIs) to clarify design issues and recommend appropriate solutions as necessary
- Identify and resolve potential project issues
- Provide and complete project documentation including RFI, submittals, tracking logs, MOP, meeting minutes, and important document filing in job folder as necessary
- Coordinate internally and externally as required such as consulting engineers, building owners, and other contractors to ensure engineering is accurate and timely
- Provide support to the project team as well other contractors in engineering areas including the interpretation of project documents, estimate, equipment selection, submittal organization, etc.
- Attend meetings including internal and meetings with customer and other trades, etc. as required for assigned projects
- Assist Sales team during estimation/bid phase of the project by providing design support
- Recommend technical solutions and suggest new products that provide better functionality and value to the project, sales, and operations
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Building Automation Systems and/or HVAC installation, service, and repair
- Working knowledge of a variety of major industry manufacturers and components
- Extensive knowledge of ALC Controls programming, graphics, database management and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite including Visio, MS Windows, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, PlanGrid, Internet of Things, file structure, basic TCP/IP network structure
- Strong knowledge of DDC, HVAC systems/operations and electric / electronic circuitry including reading and interpreting construction blueprints, electrical and electronic diagram / schematics, and sequence of operations
- The ability to troubleshoot basic electric and electronic circuitry including reading and interpreting electrical and electronic diagrams
- Experience with mechanical, electrical, and/or DDC systems design and development
- A working understanding of California Title 24, system integration for multitude of building systems, and AC power circuitry including breakers, multi-phase power, etc. (120VAC+)
- Must be well versed in a variety of building systems including: environmental energy equipment such as heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems, heat pumps, and boilers; air handlers, variable air volume and mixing boxes; chillers and related equipment; lighting controls; security and access controls; irrigation and fire alarm interfaces; and water leak detection
- Be able to lift and carry ladders, drawings, personal computers, material, etc.
- Be able to spend significant time standing and walking, climb several flights of stairs or ladders, kneel, stoop, and/or crawl throughout a typical day on a construction site
- Ability to drive company vehicle to worksites throughout San Diego County and surrounding area for work, as necessary
- Experience with BACnet and Niagara based products is preferred
Please apply with your updated resume and daytime contact information. If you are a qualified candidate, we'll reach out directly ASAP.
Thanks for visiting and we look forward to talking soon!
Link Staffing Services
Apply to our current job listings with your up-to-date resume and complete work history/project list for consideration.
A single-source solution for highly skilled talent-seeking positions with top companies across a number of industries.
Link Staffing Services works directly with leading decision makers at some of America's largest Construction, BAS/Mechanical Services, and Multi-family companies to source top producers and executive-level talent nationally. We offer our candidates the benefit of our relationships with Hiring Managers and Senior decision-makers. Our clients are heavy hitters in their respective industries who have retained our services to identify the best talent in the marketplace. Apply to our current job listings with your up-to-date resume and complete work history/project list for consideration.
Link Staffing ServicesSan Diego, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.