We have an immediate full-time opening for an experienced Facilities Engineer in the San Diego area!
Candidates must have active EPA Universal Certification as they will be required to purchase and change out refrigerant. Experience with electrical (up to 480 volts) is essential.
- Operate, maintain, and repair refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves, and float valves, in addition to all refrigerant lines and devices utilized in the control of temperatures
- Operate, maintain, and repair water filters, softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks and toilet bowls, supply lines and water lines
- Operate, maintain, and repair all types of motors and engines used to power pumps, compressors, and fans
- Repair and maintain single-phase and multi-phase electrical circuits from 120 to 480 volts; repair and maintain electrical transformers, motors, controls, machinery, fixtures, appliances and elevators
- Run additional electrical lines, change breakers, and check distribution centers
- Route and run telephone and computer lines
- Repair and replace commercial washers and dryers
- Build forms, mix concrete, and repair concrete surfaces
- Repair and maintain electronic systems including clocks, closed-circuit television, automatic alarm systems, security systems, equal potential ground and automatic power transformers
- Calibrate control systems for air conditioning, refrigeration, heating and ventilation systems, including air balance, humidistat and solid state electronic motor control amplifiers
- Paint walls and furniture; hang wall paper and vinyl wall covering
- Install, change, and repair door locks, cabinet and desk locks, and padlocks; make keys; construct signs for desks, doorways, and walls; install and repair all door closers, install window glass, floor tile, baseboard, and hang doors
- Perform general construction and remodeling of building and other related structures
- Complete all required paperwork
Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work independently from plans or blueprints
- Knowledge of electrical theory, procedures, tolls, and materials required to perform essential functions
- Working knowledge of industrial and commercial air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating control systems including air balance and system calibration
- Familiarity with plumbing systems and tools, material and procedures for repairs and maintenance
- Experience with a variety of electronic systems and tools, materials and procedures for repairs and maintenance
- Ability to troubleshoot, dismantle, repair, and calibrate electrical, pneumatic, plumbing, low-voltage, and HVAC related components
- EPA 608 Universal Certification (required)
- Ability to work in confined or small spaces
Link Staffing Services/San Diego
Why Work Here?Link Staffing Services is a professional staffing company retained by a wide range of companies to provide them with qualified staff. We have Temporary, Temp-to-Hire and Direct Hire opportunities available on an on-going basis. Job seekers save time and money by submitting one application with immediate exposure to a wide variety of companies currently hiring. We do not charge job seekers a fee, our services are paid by the employer. Employers can try a new employee out for a few months to see if you're a good match for them. And job seekers can try out the employer to see if the job's a good match for you. It's a win-win for everyone, without driving your car around to companies who aren't currently hiring.
Link Staffing is a multi-faceted, independent staffing firm serving San Diego County. It is our job to put people to work!
San Diego, CA