Military Services Training Specialist
Lines for Life Portland, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Military Services Training Specialist
Status: Full-time/ Non-exempt
Reports to: Assistant Director of Clinical Training
Position Summary: Lines for Life is seeking to hire a mental health professional who is passionate about training new clinical staff in telephonic crisis intervention skills in accordance with the national Veteran's Crisis Line training standards. This mental health professional should be enthusiastic about teaching and mentoring mental health professionals in the details of crisis intervention with veterans, active duty military service members and their families. They should also be adept at planning, organizing, implementing and developing new and innovative trainings that address needs identified through Quality Assurance processes.
Military Services Training Specialist Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the culture of Lines for Life by modeling behavior that supports the organization’s goals and philosophies.
- Plan, develop and oversee delivery and quality of Veteran's Crisis Line trainings in collaboration with other trainers.
- Track, report and evaluate training outcomes.
- Provide and/or coordinates ongoing in-service trainings related to military culture and best practices for crisis intervention with military and veteran populations for continued education of staff and volunteers.
- Provide clinical consultation for Veteran's Crisis Line calls.
- Work collaboratively with VCL Symmetry Manager to ensure contractual obligations are met
- Create quarterly VCL training reports and submit to VCL Director
- Attend QA meetings including Inter Rater Reliability meetings to ensure calibration and uniform messaging.
- Create and maintain information on relevant resources specific to the Veteran's Crisis Line in the Crisis Line database as supervisor requests.
- Attend mandatory and supplemental trainings and workshops to remain knowledgeable about the latest trends in crisis intervention and/or military populations.
- Incorporate new evidence-based intervention tools and techniques into existing trainings.
- Perform other duties, such administrative and organizational tasks as needed.
Military Services Training Specialist Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
Military Services Training Specialist Required Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in psychology; social work; or a behavioral science field (Bachelor’s degree and relevant job experience will be considered in lieu of graduate degree)
- At least 2 years of crisis intervention experience (3 years if no graduate degree)
- Able to synthesize, consolidate, and simplify large amounts of information.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience supervising, mentoring and training others.
- Able to demonstrate sound clinical judgment.
- Knowledge of the fundamental principles, methods and theories of psychology, specifically with military and/or veteran populations and their families
Military Services Training Specialist Preferred Qualifications:
- Veteran or military background and knowledge of the Veteran's Administration.
- Licensed Mental Health Professional (LPC, LMFT, LCSW, etc.)
- Experience in a call center environment
- ASIST certification and/or qualified ASIST Trainer (T4T)
Military Services Training Specialist Physical Requirements & Work Schedule:
- Work is primarily conducted in an office environment but may require standing for long periods of time during trainings. This position requires high energy, patience and controlling one’s emotions, as well as the ability to think analytically.
- This position will work full time with a semi-flexible schedule. Occasional weekends may be required to accommodate training needs.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.
Lived Experience: Lines for Life encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. This includes individuals who have undertaken their own recovery journey or supported someone through a recovery journey from mental health conditions, suicidal struggles, and/or substance abuse. They have the capacity to draw upon and use their own lived experiences to help others and prevent suicide and substance abuse and promote mental wellness.
EEO: Lines for Life strives to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better represent the communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Lines for Life
EducationView all jobs at Lines for Life