Product Engineer - Automation (Actuation)
- $100,000 to $120,000 Yearly
UMBRAGROUP-Thompson Aerospace & Defense (Linear Motion, LLC) is an agile, passionate partner revolutionizing motion solution. We are an Intelligent Partner who works with passion and dedication always offering innovation, flexible and customizable solutions based on our customer’s needs, creating products that can revolutionize a constantly changing market. We are an intelligent supplier of actuators, ball screws, bearings, and components in high-tech markets. Excellent service is the foundation of our business and we work to be FIRST (Customer Focused, Innovation, Respect, Social Responsibility, Teamwork)
The Product Engineer – Actuation will have a key leadership role in technology research and breakthrough product development. He or She will have responsibility for delivering strategic design and development goals in electromechanical actuation to grow current and capture future business opportunities. This position reports directly to Engineering Management. The Product Engineer - Actuation will reside in the UmbraGroup Michigan / Thomson Aerospace & Defense facility located in Saginaw, Michigan.Requirements:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
- Lead design, development, analysis, testing and implementation of breakthrough electromechanical actuation technologies
- Work with Aerospace and Defense customers to understand their needs and development of integrated electromechanical actuation assemblies based on linear and rotary motion technology that differentiate UGM / Thomson Aerospace & Defense from the competition
- Advance UGM / Thomson Aerospace & Defense’s use of analytical tools and testing methods
- Design, conduct, and analyze laboratory testing of new products
- Prepare and deliver technical proposals, seminars and papers to industry as a “technical expert” in the field of electromechanical actuation, ball screws, and motion systems.
- Travel as necessary
- Work with design and process teams to identify, investigate and implement state of the art materials, design improvements and manufacturing processes
- Independently manage cross-functional project teams for new technology or product developments
- Experience with solid modeling (Siemens NX), design analysis tools (FEA, etc), and testing methods required
- Structural analysis background preferred
- Linear motion, ball/lead screw and/or gearbox background experience
- Prefer background in motors, drives, and controls or other similar areas
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Hands on approach, willing to “roll up the sleeves”
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Must be a US Person
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in electromechanical actuation design and development
Certificates and Licenses:
Language, Math, and Reasoning Ability:
A self-starter who has a high drive for results and is motivated by success. Strong listening skills with the ability to assimilate information and translate it into business solutions. Excellent written and oral communication skills, professional appearance, attitude, and demeanor. The commitment to being part of the integrated organization. The desire to support the needs, priorities, and goals of the organization. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build relationships inside and outside of the organization. Demonstrated ability to meet objectives, drive results and operate with the highest level of urgency in solving problems. A proven performer with a solid track record of accomplishment and logical career progression.
Knowledge of how to create differentiation and competitive advantage. Must be obsessed with continuous improvement and have experience in companies with an atmosphere of change. Demonstrated track record of product development and advancement in electromechanical actuation. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships. Demonstrated knowledge of electromechanical actuation technology.
Must be computer literate, and knowledgeable in Windows XP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Linear Motion LLCSaginaw, MI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.