Data Scientist - Credit Strategy
- Expired: October 12, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Linear Financial Technologies is a fast-growing fintech company formed on the premise that technology and data can transform the way businesses access financial products, thus removing friction from the experience. Simply put, our mission is to empower our clients to compete and succeed in the digital economy.
Linear operates in 3 countries and is backed by strong growth-oriented investors. We have a large and growing set of blue-chip clients, including 6 of the top 25 commercial banks. Our clients and solutions span industries including banks, non-bank lenders, commerce platforms, and suppliers.
The core of what we provide is a cutting-edge SaaS platform that simplifies the journey for businesses to gain access to capital and open accounts, allowing owners to focus on their passion - running their businesses. Embedded in the solution is a decade of insights, accompanied by the power of AI/ML technologies to enable intelligent business decisions. Our platform is also facilitating the next wave of innovation in financial services, embedding lending experiences into commerce platforms which links the traditional banking system with the digital economy.
As a Data Scientist at Linear you will be responsible to use analytical skills to solve open-ended, complex business problems. The ideal candidate will be interested in working for a private equity backed FinTech company and be a self-driven, high performer in a fast-paced startup environment, who interacts with department heads throughout the Company.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Analysis: Analyze the business data to generate relevant, actionable insights and make strategic and tactical recommendations
* Behavior Modeling: Ability to understand existing models in credit risk / response. Ability to build/evaluate/manage new models to solve existing and new business problems using machine learning
* Innovation: Leverage emerging technologies and critical thinking skills to continually innovate and automate existing methodologies, processes and reporting.
* Partnership: Work closely with colleagues and senior leaders in Credit, Finance, IT, Operations and other areas to provide insights that drive business results
* Masters degree or equivalent preferably in analytical fields such as Math, Data Science, Business, Engineering etc
* At least 3 years experience in quantitative field
* Communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication skills, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive consensus around complex decisions
* Strategic & analytic thinking: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Logical skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the role is requires rigorous analytics & credit risk management. Furthermore, you will have ability to see both big picture and small details at the same time
* Result orientation: Focus on achieving both short and long term goals. Ability to work in a fast paced start up environment with thin data to deliver results
* Exact job title will depend on skills and experience.
* 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
* 5+ years of experience in project management
* 3+ years of experience in modeling, particularly in credit/banking space
* Experience or strong inclination to work in startup firms
* Experience using SQL Python R Excel etc
* Exact job title will depend on experience
* Salary and bonus commensurate with experience and capabilities
* Comprehensive benefits package including generous health, dental, vision, 401K with company match
_Linear __provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Linear complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training._
Linear Financial Technologies, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Linear Financial Technologies, LLC