Answer phones to respond to orders, general customer inquiries and customer complaints along with all necessary data entry and filing responsibilities.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Monitor faxes and distribute to appropriate department/person immediately
• Follow up with customers concerning problem orders from previous nigh
• Process orders in a timely fashion
o Prepare order for keying
o Process order
o Review order
• Resolve lot and description problem prior to releasing
o Contact customer by phone immediately to change or confirm any conflicts or changes in order
o Make corrections per customer instructions
• Communicate with customers:
o BE NICE TO CUSTOMERS.
o Answer phone calls with a clear friendly greeting and always maintain a positive demeanor
o Take appropriate action on customer request, inquiries, reports, inventory levels, and lot history
• Office functions:
o Fax customer copy of a signed bill of lading/transfer
o Match signed the bill of lading with corresponding back up and scan in DocSurfer
o Match confirmed the transfer with corresponding back up and scan in DocSurfer
o Match and scan confirmed tallies
o Mail original bill of lading/transfer/warehouse receipts to customer
o Match and file flashing ivory original of a bill of lading
o Match and file warehouse receipt and flashing ivory bill of lading for receipt file and blue copy of the transfer to be filed in the bill of lading file
o Match tally with corresponding warehouse receipt and file
o Fax weekly/daily reports when requested by the customer
o Share customer behavior patterns with team
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
• Computer literate with the ability to learn the company's software applications.
• Professional verbal and written communication skills
• Sense of urgency
• Professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
• The Customer Service Representative is responsible for maintaining compliance with GWP's and all other food safety requirements.
• Follow practices and procedures through a robust Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point System (HACCP)
• Follow and enforce all food safety and quality requirements.