• Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; present menus; announce waiter's name.
• Use visual cues to seat Guests in either the bar or dining area depending on their preference.
• Inform Guest of current promotion and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff.
• Answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service.
• Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate.
• Tend to special Guest needs and requests.
• Observant to Guests' needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service (i.e. notice a drink refill is needed while seating another Guest and ensuring the drink is refilled prior to getting back to the door).
• Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol control policies.
• Help dining room staff by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverages.
• Issue dining charges by verifying orders; calculating taxes; totaling bill for to-go orders.
• Receive payments by validating credit charges; approving checks; accepting currency; calculating and issuing change for ToGo orders.
• Reconcile cash drawer by proving cash transactions; listing checks and credit card charges for to-go orders.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Must be able to read menus.
• Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance.
• Must be able to clearly communicate Guests' needs to W/Ws, Bussers, Managers, etc.
• Must be able to hear well in a loud environment in order to answer telephone and respond to Guest requests.
• Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift
• Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and wipe
• Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests
• Must be able to understand requests for assistance
• Must be able to carry trays or supplies (10-30 lbs.)
• A desire to help out where needed and work as part of a team
• Passion for providing extraordinary service
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• An appetite for learning (and great food)
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
• Must be upbeat, outgoing and positive
• Must be able to assist Guests and possess great Guest relations skills
• Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to stand/walk and stay focused and alert for extended periods of time
• Ability to work effectively within a team
• Ability to effectively communicate on the telephone.
Linda's Casa Trejo Restaurant