The purpose of the Sales Account Executive position is to meet and exceed sales objectives in the assigned territory by promoting and selling outdoor advertising to qualified advertisers. An Account Executive is expected to use professional sales techniques, build relationships, and develop long-term advertising relationships that grow Lind advertising sales.
- Meet and exceed sales targets, make at least 50 sales calls per day [of which 3 calls are new business.
- Target every business within the assigned territory/account list, visit each established Lind client and our competitor’s client at least once per month, Identify potential growth areas and open new accounts, Increase Lind’s market share.
- Become proficient in the use of Lind computer tools to complete tasks, follow-up on Hot Leads, prepare proposals, and research
- Prepare written presentations, reports and proposals, become an active team member of Lind, become an active member of the advertising community
- Develop presentation skills utilizing computer tools and present to clients on a regular basis Maintain accounts receivable Continually develop new product knowledge and acquire better selling skills
- Keep abreast of competition – particularly newspaper, radio, TV, cable and yellow pages
- Actively participate in sale meetings
- Plan each day, week and month before the month starts, plan each call
- Maintain a professional sales appearance
- Use sales tools, Complete daily planner/sales program after each call and at the end of the day
- Maintain organized up to date records of clients and sales activity
- Ensure your automobile has a neat and professional appearance
- Minimize travel time, Maximize time in the field with clients
- Cluster your accounts to work them geographically and manage your time effectively
- Maintain client profiles, be prepared to review CRM reports, sales plans, and forecasts.
- Follow-up on all client production orders and ensure campaigns begin and end as the client requested. If any problems exist, AE will communicate immediately with the client and manager to find a solution
- Agree to check lights etc. on a regular basis when called upon
- Analyze and monitor personal sales data and reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to make oral presentations to provide information or explain policies and procedures.
- Skill in speaking with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to explain the outdoor advertising business to customers and account executives from installation and product standpoints.
- Skill in writing grammatically correct routine business correspondence.
- Ability to perform effectively under fluctuating workloads.
- Skill in selling or promoting outdoor advertisements.
- Skill in establishing rapport and gaining the trust of others.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to meet a sales quota.
- Working knowledge of general sales techniques.
- Ability to cold call businesses.
- Ability to be intrinsically motivated to succeed and withstand rejection.
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Current and Valid Driver’s License
- College Degree preferred
- Previous sales experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The primary work environment for this position is a combination of an office environment and work in the field making sales calls and servicing existing accounts.
- The physical demands for this position include light lifting, seeing (with a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the time, standing, talking, turning, and walking.
- Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%