Postdoc Research Associate - Animal Science
- Posted: over a month ago
The Postdoc Research Associate will assist and perform tasks related to animal selection and breeding for lean meat carcass growth, parasitic disease resistance, and organic production (sheep and goats). This position will also work with a group of animal scientists, staff, graduate students, and farmer participants.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Perform field and lab work tasks involved in animal selection, breeding, grazing management, and experimentation on farms.
- Field sampling and lab analysis.
- Data filing and statistical analysis.
- Scientific paper, project, and report writing.
- Participating in producer outreach education activity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Comprehensive written and oral communication skills.
- Scientific publication in relevant fields.
- Research and work experience in livestock production, breeding, quantitative genetics or genomics and informatics analytical techniques.
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in animal science, veterinary science, or a closely related field is preferred.
- Expertise in livestock breeding, production, and genetics.
- Work tasks such as lifting or carrying heavy objects (50-100lbs.).
- Livestock restraining and handling
- Equipment operation, driving farm vehicles
- Possible exposure to animal waste, allergens, and zoonotic agents.
Lincoln University of Missouri
AddressJefferson City, MO
EducationView all jobs at Lincoln University of Missouri