Assistant Professor of Finance/Business
- $54,000 Yearly
The Assistant Professor of Finance/Business is a full-time, tenure-track faculty position to teach finance and business courses, for undergraduate and graduate courses offered in seat, online, and hybrid.
The contracted teaching load is 12 hours per semester, with opportunity for teaching overloads and summer courses.
This is a full-time, tenure track, 9-month position.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Teach Finance, Management, and Business-related coursework in classroom and online modalities at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Research in accordance with tenure-faculty requirements.
- Assist students with academic advising.
- Prepare course syllabi for assigned courses that meet the needs of students according to university policy and accreditation requirements.
- Participate in the development of assessments and evaluations of courses and the program for continuing improvement.
- Maintain professional development according to personal and professional need.
- Assist in recruitment efforts for the program by participating in university recruitment events and communicating with interested students.
- Assist with reporting.
- Ability and willingness to work with student organizations.
- Participate in campus and faculty committees, attend faculty assembly, division meetings, and conduct program and class assessment in accordance with the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), university policies, strategic plans, rules, and regulations as well as standards set forth by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with integrating instructional technology into classroom experiences.
- Ability to perform teaching, administrative, and clerical duties independently to fulfill goals and objectives of the program within the overall mission of the department and university, and within accreditation guidelines.
- Knowledge of ACBSP standards and criteria required for progress reports and accreditation reaffirmation.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development, strong work ethic, and a commitment to working well with others.
- Work within an online modality and develop course curriculum.
Education and Experience
- A doctoral degree in finance management or a business/finance related field is required.
- ABDs with documented completion date may be considered.
- Teaching experience at a higher educational institution is preferred.
**Upon hired, send HR an official sealed transcript is required.
Lincoln University is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Lincoln University of MissouriJefferson City, MO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.