Lincoln Military Housing Herndon, VA
- Expired: September 05, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lincoln Military Housing – A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join the LMH team, you will be working amongst a team of talented and passionate individuals while being provided with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with LMH, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT.
A Day in the Life of a Copywriter:
As a Lincoln Military Housing Copywriter, you will be primarily responsible for creating written content before final product development for marketing and communications. Your role will be responsible for promoting the LMH brand to all Lincoln Military Housing audiences to including current and prospective residents (military families), military service branches, press and journalists, current and prospective team members, and more. You will work directly with the National Marketing and Communications (MarComm) team and local, regional, and national team members to understand the changing communications needs of our audiences.
We are looking for a creative Copywriter to write clear and concise error-free copy for various materials to include but not limited to: official company statements to the press, press releases, newsletters, internal and external communication, digital content development, social, etc. Your words will inform and engage target audiences.
Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled, and imaginative writer with an eye for detail and able to interpret creative direction and adapt to persuasive copy and has the ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines. If you can grasp project requirements quickly and offer valuable insight, we’d like to meet you.
Submit up to three writing samples, so we can get an idea of your best work. Feel free to include links to your content or portfolio in your application.
Your Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Writing clear, compelling and thoughtful copy for various mediums (e.g. statements to the press, press releases, newsletters, collateral, website copy, ads, blog posts, social, etc.).
- Conducting thorough research and interviews to gain situational awareness and insight on challenges specific to an individual communication or ongoing campaign.
- Working with creative professionals to build marketing projects and campaigns.
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements.
- Collaborate with designers, PR and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns and landing pages).
- Edit and proofread copy as needed.
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach.
What You Need for Success:
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Creativity and collaborative spirit.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- BSc/BA in marketing, English, journalism or related field.
- Knowledgeable of online content strategy and creation.
- Experience with SEO.
- Experience writing copy in Spanish.
- A strong understanding of military culture.
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options and benefit programs. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and generous paid time off.