Lewis-McChord Communities/Lincoln Military Housing is seeking motivated Maintenance Team members to help deliver quality service to the Military Service Members and their families residing on Joint Base Lewis-McChord Washington. While maintenance experience is a plus; applicants with construction, handyman or other similar fields will fit in very well with this team. Most importantly we are seeking candidates with a positive attitude, good work ethic and a willingness to learn. Applicants will join a diverse team of over 70 maintenance professionals all here for one purpose; Help our Service Members and families enjoy their temporary home in the Pacific Northwest.
Lincoln Military Housing currently has an opening for a (Entry Level) Maintenance / Service Technician at our Lewis McChord Communities (Joint Base Lewis McChord Military Base) in DuPont, Washington.
The (Entry Level) Maintenance / Service Technician Under general supervision, performs routine maintenance and repairs in a multi-family residential community. Operates building systems and related equipment and tools to complete tasks to Lincoln Military Housing’s quality standards and resident’s satisfaction. This role requires the ability to effectively communicate, perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s quality customer satisfaction standards.
The essential duties include:
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of semi-skilled maintenance and repairs which may include electrical, plumbing, painting, lighting, HVAC, etc.
- Completes all assigned maintenance work on vacant homes within LMH standards.
- Performs general maintenance and cleaning of common areas, maintenance shop, etc.
- Maintains and updates all assigned service requests using Yardi Mobile until assignment is completed and closed.
- Performs any additional routine maintenance on property as requested, as needed or directed.
- Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, community and/or common areas to supervisor.
- Demonstrates the appropriate and safe use of standard hand and power tools, equipment and machinery.
- Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Understands and follows safe work practices for all trades, including but not limited to: Lockout Tag-out, Confined Space Entry, use of hazardous chemicals, use of Personal Protective Equipment, Ladder Safety, and working from Elevated Surfaces.
Skills and Requirements:
- Entry level position, relevant maintenance experience preferred or an equivalent combination general mechanical aptitude and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- Beginning level understanding or experience in two or more basic trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpet care, appliance repair.
- Understanding and following oral and written directions.
- Effectively communicate and interact with co-workers, managers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information as well as give and receive work direction.
- Working knowledge of appliances.
- Competent skills regarding the operation of small hand and electrical tools, basic electrical, carpentry, painting and small machinery repair.
- Basic computer skills (able to operate mobile device, PC).
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate with residents, management, vendors and co-workers.
- Ability to operate motor vehicle (valid license required)
- Ability to independently lift/carry supplies or equipment up to 65 lbs.
- Frequent reaching, stooping, bending and kneeling.
- Extensive walking and standing.
- Ability to climb up and down stairs/ ladders.