The purpose of this job is to clean, de-burr, polish and grind items of metal using hand tools or powered equipment by performing the following duties.
WAGE TYPE: Hourly
FLSA Exemption: Non-exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• De-burrs or polishes parts by use of a portable grinder or buffer.
• Hold parts against abrasive belt or buff wheel to grind, polish or buff surface.
• Responsible for maintaining individual production goals.
• Changes tools on power equipment.
• Applies abrasive compound or other dressing to facilitate polishing operations.
• Could potentially come in contact with hazardous chemicals.
• Environmental responsibility is our commitment to our communities.
• Proper disposal of waste such as recyclables, standard waste, hazardous waste, etc. is expected.
• Any other tasks as required to fulfill Lincoln Industries' Beliefs and Drivers.
• Reports to: Polishing Area Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
Expected: High School Diploma or Equivalent. Six months related experience. Preferred: One year related experience preferred.
• Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
• Must be able to read and understand work instructions and safety procedures.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.