Electrical Controls Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Electrical Controls Engineer
Job Code: ELECCNTRLENG001
This position serves as the key technical electrical and robotic resource for establishing new and maintaining current processes within the company. This is a highly visible position which will be heavily involved with programming and set-up of new equipment and launches of new equipment.
WAGE TYPE: Salaried Exempt
FLSA Exemption: Professional
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop new systems as required to meet new customer requirements.
- Work closely with Operations for problem solving and to assure that quality, safety and productivity is maintained.
- Maintaining vendor contacts and relationships with suppliers of production equipment and related materials.
- Keeping all technical documentation and software current and cataloged both electronically and hard-copy formats.
- Plant expert for programming PLC and Robotic equipment - Allen Bradley SLC 500, Control Logix, Micro Logix, RS Logix 500 & 5000, Panel View and Fanuc R-2000iA.
- Improve process through projects and innovative automation improvements.
- Develop and document acceptable parameters for robotic equipment.
- Assist in the operation of the area to meet production and scheduling requirements.
- Provide technical support – Coordinate training and technical documentation for Technicians.
- Troubleshoot equipment and process problems and provide continuous improvement solutions through approved project work.
- Assist in managing and tracking machine maintenance and PM’s, parts procurement and capital projects as required to meet department goals.
- Complete projects as assigned by Engineering Manager.
- Could potentially come in contact with hazardous chemicals.
- Environmental responsibility is our commitment to our communities.
- Proper disposal of waste such as recyclables, standard waste, hazardous waste, etc. is expected.
- Any other tasks as required fulfilling Lincoln Industries' Beliefs and Drivers.
- Reports to: Director, Engineering
- Supervises: N/A
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
Expected: BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred. The successful candidate will have a key leadership role in a high growth, high volume, fast-paced environment. The individual must be results driven, “hands-on” with 3-5 years solid experience in the installation and programming of the Allen Bradley and Siemens families of PLC’s, and Fanuc robots. Must be able to implement a comprehensive growth plan for automation within the company.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
Job Category B – Medium Labor Intensive Category
Must be able to perform physical functions equivalent to Category B.
0-25% of work activity
26 -50% of work activity
51 -75% of work activity
76 - 100% of work activity
Regular Exposure To Uncomfortable Conditions
Personal Protective Equipment Required
Frequent Indoor Work
High Humidity Indexes
Potential Confined Work Space
Awkward or Minimized Work Space
Lincoln IndustriesWhy Work Here?
We make great brands better. People centric culture with a focus on growth strategy.
Lincoln Industries is the largest and most diverse privately-held metal finishing company in North America. They are a growth-oriented company with powerful resources and a tenacity to push the limits of industry tradition. For over 60 years Lincoln Industries has been solving technically difficult problems for premium brands like Harley Davidson, PACCAR, John Deere, Polaris, Navistar and Mercury Marine. Their wide range of expertise and success in customer relations, quality, supply chain management and innovation allow them to offer an unmatched comprehensive solution to customers. Known for its unique company culture, Lincoln Industries has been named to the Top 25 Best Medium-Sized Companies to Work for in America List, seven times.