Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to safely and efficiently install, troubleshoot, maintain and repair production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment
- Monitoring spare parts inventory
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines and equipment
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines and equipment
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations the proper manager and/or supervisor
- Drives forklift
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, co-workers and management.
- Comply with all safety procedures and regulations
- Ability to think clearly and react quickly to physical dangers
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and Experience
- Electrical experience/knowledge Required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Background in maintaining/repairing industrial equipment
- General construction experience
- Welding experience, preferred
The Maintenance Assistant is regularly required to stand. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently required to walk, use hand to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
There is no travel required for this position.
The Maintenance Assistant is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. This position regularly encounters exposure to extreme temperatures (hot and cold), exposure to chemical odors, airborne particles and extreme noise reaching up to 120 decibels.
Lincoln ForgeFor over 40 years, we have been providing closed die impression forgings for the heavy truck, aerospace, defense, automotive, as well as, various other industries and have become well known for our consistent quality, our personalized service and progressive ideas.