About The Company
Led by over 10,000 employees – including you – Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses.
2020 Actuarial Development Program Internship
Our actuarial interns are a key part of our organization because they perform meaningful work in an environment that supports their learning.
During the 11-week internship over the summer, our actuarial interns learn about our products while working in a variety of disciplines including financial reporting and planning, valuation, pricing and product development, and asset/liability management across lines of business including life insurance, annuities, group protection, and retirement services. We offer actuarial internship positions in eightlocations:
- Atlanta, GA
- Boston, MA
- Dover, NH
- Fort Wayne, IN
- Hartford, CT
- Greensboro, NC
- Omaha, NE
- Radnor, PA
In addition, interns participate in a series with speakers from business leaders across the organization, as well asattend lunch and learn sessions focused on networking, execution, and agility in the workplace. Furthermore, the interns enjoy a variety of social events with other interns and Actuarial Development Program participants. We offer both competitive pay and housing support.
- Compile, categorize and audit data
- Document and verify factors used in computations and actuarial models
- Run models and analyze output for consistency and reasonableness
- Gain knowledge about company operations, systems, and actuarial methodologies
- Depending on area, develop rate filings, in-force files, and experience study results
- Depending on area, assist in the determination of premiums, benefits, and pricing levels
- One or more SOA exams preferred
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Pursuing undergraduate degree in Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative major is required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills and information
- Strong curiosity and creativity
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify avisos.